Christmas 2009 Lottery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lb_abroad_daffyd.jpg
I'm the only Baggot in the Swap!

holy crap. Add me to the shame list - the bottle is sitting in my office waiting to be posted since jan the 14th!

Should reach you via express satchel by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Jon.

Well the beer I'm sending Mossy finished fermenting on the weekend and was filtered and kegged on Sunday after a crash chill. Just need a capper and he'll get a Coopers long neck worth dropped off on his doorstep this weekend, seeing as I'm not too far away.

All this name and shame crap is fugucked (especially if mossy knew it was going to be delayed), some people spent time crafting fresh beer for the man, rather than grabbing something out of the fridge that's been bottled for ages ;)

Well the beer I'm sending Mossy finished fermenting on the weekend and was filtered and kegged on Sunday after a crash chill. Just need a capper and he'll get a Coopers long neck worth dropped off on his doorstep this weekend, seeing as I'm not too far away.

All this name and shame crap is fugucked (especially if mossy knew it was going to be delayed), some people spent time crafting fresh beer for the man, rather than grabbing something out of the fridge that's been bottled for ages ;)

Id rather something thats been bottled for ages then a green beer...
I think for future reference anyone that enters these comps should at least have a beer/beers ready for consumption upon sending it,
none of this "you will have it in 4 weeks when i get around to brewing it shit"

If you had read my responses throughout this tread you would realise that I didn't care (and had been previously advised by the participants they would would be delayed) when the beers turned up.

The only time I have publised the state of play was when I was asked.

Cheers

Oh I had Chris,

I know you're on the right page, just some other self righteous posters getting my goat ;)

I nibble baitless hooks sometime s:D

I think for future reference anyone that enters these comps should at least have a beer/beers ready for consumption upon sending it,

+1

I agree with this comment, after all it was a Christmas Lottery and it is now February, in the beginning the author did state that there would be a naming and shaming. I guess there was no mention of the time restraints on this action but having known this ask yourself the question, (what is a fair enough time to deliver) and if you knew you could not deliver in reasonable time then why could people not have stated that in the first place, remember you put your name down against the number of your choice. I'm not trying to cause a stir but I find it amusing that any talk of this naming and shaming has people now commenting on the how's and whys they have not delivered. Whatever the reasons it's about time Mossy had his winnings don't you think?

I agree with this comment, after all it was a Christmas Lottery and it is now February, in the beginning the author did state that there would be a naming and shaming. I guess there was no mention of the time restraints on this action but having known this ask yourself the question, (what is a fair enough time to deliver) and if you knew you could not deliver in reasonable time then why could people not have stated that in the first place, remember you put your name down against the number of your choice. I'm not trying to cause a stir but I find it amusing that any talk of this naming and shaming has people now commenting on the how's and whys they have not delivered. Whatever the reasons it's about time Mossy had his winnings don't you think?

Thats a fair call gregs BUT I had a nice stout ready for the winner and knowing that mossy is not the biggest fan of stout I would prefer to give him another style. I have communicated.

Brad

I have some bottles of toucan stout which are crap, should I have sent him one of them or waited until I bottled yesterday and sent him a decent bottle of ale? I don't hear Mossy whining, get a grip.

How about we all take a chill pill, Mossy is happy with how things have gone so perhaps we should leave it at that before the thread and the whole idea of the lottery gets thrown out the window.

It would be a shame if the lottery wasn't repeated at a future date because of the responses in this thread.

Anyway mossy, hope you haven't been put off critiquing the beers.

Cheers
Andrew

Whatever the reasons it's about time Mossy had his winnings don't you think?

Yes...it is about time, but this is all said from one perspective. Yours. Maybe your life is simple. Some of us have lives that involve juggling Christmas, 80 hour weeks running a business, kids back to school, home, and the fact that sometimes you stuff a brew up and it's just plain not good enough to send...I mean what's the point in sending a shit poor quality beer if you know you can do better. I have about 100 different bottles of beer sitting around the place of various sizes and quality - made by others...., but I agreed to send one of mine. You have no idea what communication has been exchanged with Mossy, and nor is it any of your business unless he chooses to make it so. Simple as that as far as I am concerned. I owe Mossy a beer, and I have spoken with him about it. This name and shame thing is bullshit a silly idea. There's no shame involved unless you've reneged on the arrangement. FFS, I mean really ....we're amongst friends, not a bunch of bored teenagers itching for a reason to give each other shit a hard time...... <_<

edit: transalated from 'annoyed kiwi' to 'politically correct Aussie' :lol:

Mossy will get all of his beers....chill out.

overall I reckon this has been a huge success, despite slackers like me and crybabies pouting about not getting their desired number. Couple of small hiccups, but overall a great success (esp. for mossy!)

Yes...it is about time, but this is all said from one perspective. Yours. Maybe your life is simple. Some of us have lives that involve juggling Christmas, 80 hour weeks running a business, kids back to school, home, and the fact that sometimes you stuff a brew up and it's just plain not good enough to send...I mean what's the point in sending a shit poor quality beer if you know you can do better. I have about 100 different bottles of beer sitting around the place of various sizes and quality - made by others...., but I agreed to send one of mine. You have no idea what communication has been exchanged with Mossy, and nor is it any of your business unless he chooses to make it so. Simple as that as far as I am concerned. I owe Mossy a beer, and I have spoken with him about it. This name and shame thing is bullshit a silly idea. There's no shame involved unless you've reneged on the arrangement. FFS, I mean really ....we're amongst friends, not a bunch of bored teenagers itching for a reason to give each other shit a hard time...... <_<

edit: transalated from 'annoyed kiwi' to 'politically correct Aussie' :lol:

Mossy will get all of his beers....chill out.

As you said, (yes it is about time) so get off you soap box and stop you f@#king preaching to AHB members. If youre so sick of us then f@#ck off. And dont preach you shit to me you moron.

Edit; wasnt commenting on Mossys behalf. This is a community and it was my thoughts only. I wasnt making any judgment towards other AHB members.

Oh Dear :(

Kinda glad I didn't win now. Hope you enjoy the beer Mossy

dont worry i've had three counselling sessions already on that point. i should recover by the next xmas lottery.

Sorry Fents... next time around mate I will consult on number selection with you beforehand... as it was, YOUR number was a shit one anyway :ph34r:

As you said, (yes it is about time) so get off you soap box and stop you f@#king preaching to AHB members. If youre so sick of us then f@#ck off. And dont preach you shit to me you moron.

I for one will not enter one of these again.
Like most things on here it has become something of a shit fight.

Batz

Back