Choc Mint Sweet Stout - All Extract Base

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sippa

Reaction score
Hey Swillers,

Wanted to pick your brains as to your experience if any of brewer/tasting a Choc Mint Stout?

The idea sounds good but I'm not sure it could be executed nicely.

Timely... Stout just finished fermenting and was considering mint addition.

stakka82 said:
Timely... Stout just finished fermenting and was considering mint addition.
adding mint extract or thinking of adding fresh leaves?

Just suck a kool mint while drinking a regular choc stout.

I made a nice chocolate stout once and just as an experiment one night I added a few drops of crème de menthe to a glass. Tasted amazing! Went down well with my brewing club buddies who were there at the time too.

HoppinMad said:
I made a nice chocolate stout once and just as an experiment one night I added a few drops of crème de menthe to a glass. Tasted amazing! Went down well with my brewing club buddies who were there at the time too.
Hmmm..... interesting

Think if I made a sweet milk stout as a base and threw in a sizable amount of fresh mint leaves and Cacao Nibs in the fermenter it might work?

I have read a highly regarded recipes which says mint leaves in secondary for a week at approx .75g per litre.

Sippa said:
Hey Swillers,

Wanted to pick your brains as to your experience if any of brewer/tasting a Choc Mint Stout?

The idea sounds good but I'm not sure it could be executed nicely.
. I have tasted one. It was like an after dinner mint that got you drunk. The first was lovely but it's not something you can drink a lot of

stewy said:
. I have tasted one. It was like an after dinner mint that got you drunk. The first was lovely but it's not something you can drink a lot of
Maybe I could ferment the base milk stout and then split in half to 2 secondary, try Mint and Choc in one half and have plain in the other. That way I could still have a nice stout if I mess it up with mint and choc.

the mint sounds interesting. Id steep the mint leaves as adding leaves to the brew could introduce unwanted wild yeast.

Latest posts

Back