Chipping a Diesel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
That servo is a fair way north of Grafton by about 40k...Its actually at McLean......but anyways..
Is that the one at Gulmarrad, or the one in town at Maclean?

Ducatiboy stu said:
That servo is a fair way north of Grafton by about 40k...Its actually at McLean......but anyways..
As far as distance in comparison to the size of Australia, just north is accurate in my books, especially to people who are not familiar with Australia's little scottish community.

shaunous said:
As far as distance in comparison to the size of Australia, just north is accurate in my books, especially to people who are not familiar with Australia's little scottish community.
Whats so Scottish about it? Sure they paint tartans in the poles, but buggered if I can fins a decent haggis or kilt outlet.

Thats prob because the only scottish shop burnt down..But the is an old butcher who makes haggis and black pudding

Yamba needs a Dan Murphys. That's all I'm saying.

Dave70 said:
Yamba needs a Dan Murphys. That's all I'm saying.
Mate......you should have seen the shitfight over McDonalds setting up.......Dans have no hope

They even waged war when they wanted to erect a clock in the main st ffs

And then the skate park...god...they whinged cause the teenagers had nothing to do.....then whinged when they built a skate park to give them something to do.....

Even further off topic. Check out diesel/LPG substitution.
It's the only performance mod where the government pays you $1000 to do it.
I haven't done it but as an Engineer it got my interest.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2486572.htm

I went cheaper still and blanked off my EGR.
Exhaust Gas Recycling puts exhaust 'air' back into engine air intake, it's employed by newer Euro diesels and is sort of like breathing your own farts.

Actually gas injection does work...lowers particulate matter or some thing like that.

And adds some big power from what I've heard.

LPG works on diesels as Diesel engines are very inefficient as far as wastage out of the engine once burnt, adding LPG to the diesel engine ignites better and burns that wasted diesel.
U basically have a more efficient engine and get more power you started with, But there is 2 different ways to go about it, you wind the diesel pump back, to get back to the power figures you started with, but with the LPG on top (better fuel mileage), or you keep it and have the same fuel consumption, but a lil more power.

I'd go for the better fuel mileage.

Ducatiboy stu said:
erect a clock
Bah..ha..ha..

sp0rk said:
Grafton's not that far away
It's over an hour's round trip. I'm not that patient.

To be honest, access to more cheap grog is probably the last thing Yamba needs.

What they need is a good diesel chipping service.

I go to Dans in Grafton every Thursday with the boss for our weekend grog run, I don't know if anyone's noticed, but deer lord the megaswill beers are getting cheaper and cheaper, in comparison to months/years previous. I'm not saying I buy these mentioned, but these were the prices last week, adding competition to the 'fancy' beers in store I suppose.

New tinnies $37.99
Coopers Mild $30.99
XXXX Gold Tinnies 30.99
VB Stubbies $31.99

I paid $46 - $48 for New and VB tinnies all last Summer (Best for camping, can fit 60 tinnies in my Engel fridge :) )

Both of you are in Grafton/Yamba?
Get your arses down to Coffs this weekend for the first meeting of the Coffs Region Amateur Brewers

sp0rk said:
Both of you are in Grafton/Yamba?
Get your arses down to Coffs this weekend for the first meeting of the Coffs Region Amateur Brewers
I'll actually be chillin at the Seaview Tavern from Midday onwards for a good mates Birthday. I would have come for sure if I didn't have this on,

Latest posts

Back