Chinese Hops - What Will You Be Brewing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in on the buy myself, but looking forward to reading the results.
Yep, somebody has to be first. May as well be 4*
You know how they could tell who the pioneers of the west were? They were the ones with the arrows in their backs...
Take that as you will :ph34r:

2.9 SRM are you kidding? I saw that CAP a while you did. Don't you like colour? Or are you just racist? :ph34r:

That CAP i did post fermentation (i only showed the pre ferment measurment), just a tad lighter than this!
dining06c_300.jpg

You know how they could tell who the pioneers of the west were? They were the ones with the arrows in their backs...
Take that as you will :ph34r:

Taking one for the team. One hop pellet at a time!

I've ordered Cluster and Saaz and will be looking to do something like a Plide of Lingwood Aussie Raagger.

Edit: not sure whether to use US-O-fye or Swiss Lager One-ay-nye

Hmmm, I'm starting to really warm too the idea of a strong lager as my case swap beer and have each bottle in its own brown paper bag. B)

IPA, IIPA, ABA, IABA, IRA, Black IPA and a 60min IPA (more if I can be bothered).

Good timing on the bulk Cascade.

PB

I've got a bad feeling the 2kg of hops I ordered aren't going to last nearly as long as I'm thinking haha.

I'm hoping this bulk buy becomes a semi-regular affair. Would love to use these hops as my standard fair and still buy smaller quantities from the LHBS when I need a bigger range.

I've got a bad feeling the 2kg of hops I ordered aren't going to last nearly as long as I'm thinking haha.

I'm hoping this bulk buy becomes a semi-regular affair. Would love to use these hops as my standard fair and still buy smaller quantities from the LHBS when I need a bigger range.
Did you get Marco Polo? Can you add to your order? If you can, help fourstar out and get Marco Polo. At 14% AA you will need **** all to get your main bittering for the beer out of it and just use the others for flavor/aroma. ...just hope it's a clean bittering hop. I didn't get any as I've got a lot of southern cross which I use 15gms or so to get a bittering hit

I've ordered Cluster and Saaz and will be looking to do something like a Plide of Lingwood Aussie Raagger.

Edit: not sure whether to use US-O-fye or Swiss Lager One-ay-nye

BribieG, your an abouts and thereabouts man. What do you honestly make of the chinese hop BB. I am not in, nor will i be, i wont cannn it and i wont endorse it. Save a few bucks? is it worthwhile? Next time you order hops from Australia how will you feel?

BribieG, your an abouts and thereabouts man. What do you honestly make of the chinese hop BB. I am not in, nor will i be, i wont cannn it and i wont endorse it. Save a few bucks? is it worthwhile? Next time you order hops from Australia how will you feel?
The question is @ BribieG. The plide of thing should have been deleted by the moderators before I announce you as a racist pig!

Oh gwad your a knob! Have you met Bribie and his beautiful wife? Grow up.

SWMBO

swmbo.JPG

is Chinese / Aboriginal - her mob came over from China for the Palmer River Gold Rush in NQ at the end of the 19th century and when the gold ran out, her grandfather and some of his mates WALKED from Cape York to Sydney and were among the last party of people to be speared by Aborigines (they survived). Her grandfather Charlie Ah Gee worked as a labourer in Sydney and eventually set up an import / export business in Haymarket. SWMBO was born and raised in a little terrace house in Ultimo, round the corner from Chinatown and the house is still there. Her dad was a product of a Chinese guy who married an Aborigine up on the Cape (of course they weren't' allowed to marry white women in those days).

She spent her entire school life being called a 'chong' or a 'ching' despite being Australian as Fosters, but nowadays we are a bit more polite in Australia.

Me racist?

Bit early on the turps Hays

Did anyone mention Saaz with more Saaz.. im thinking a Saaz IIPA SMASH maybe ROFL ... ok thats a little silly but currently using 100g+ in a standard batch it aint going to be long to get through a couple of kilos

Tom

what a load of crud on this thread, so some of us are going to try chinese hops.

if this kind of thinking happened in the past we would be still pre-wheel
I was serious... I am going to brew a cRAPa.. I'm in on the buy, what's the issue...oh you mean all the other shit stuff.

Next time you order hops from Australia how will you feel?

This is absolutely backwards thinking. As if anyone has ever been involved with this hobby/craft without ever once using an imported ingredient. Ridiculous.

i am in as well, yeh i was on about the other stuff after all some one was the first to try something different!

BTW, does anyone know what one kilo of hops looks like?

...good luck!!

500g at 15 min, IIPA 100+IBU OG 1085 (marco polo)

So yeah, bringing it back on topic, I'm thinking of doing a 200IBU IIPA a bit after getting them. It'll be very interesting.

My plan so far is a Cream Ale SMASH (with a little leniency on the malt bill) with Marco Polo (if the buy for it gets off the ground).

I'm calling it: "Marco? POLO!"

The plan is a small 60 min addition (marco) with a BIG late addition (POLO!) I really want to know what their aroma properties are like. Atleast if its crap i can flog it to the boys when they come around with minimal loss or just let it age to kill some aroma. hehehe!

40IBU
3-5 SRM
85% JW Pilsner
5% Carapils
10% polenta

10IBU Marco Polo (60min)
30IBU Marco Polo (15min)
50g Whirlpool additon (cube addition @ 70deg)

That should put a dent in around 80 grams of the stuff! :lol:

You could call is a Marco Solo ??

QldKev

Back