Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my 7pod seedlings going with some other varieties. I'm thinking of giving the habs a miss this year. I want to get some Trinidad seasoning (?) a go and focus on getting more from the 7s.

Ed: also the Trinidad Scorpions from the always generous Spoonta refuse to germinate, all the others have done well, I've had to do a fair whack of thinning.

One of my choc bhut jolokia plants has decided to fruit. Looking pretty gnarly already.

image.jpg

Looking good Liam! My chillis (last years) don't look to be doing so well at the moment, what the heck do I do to give them a kick in the ass or should I just start new?

Give them a trim. You'll feel like a bad parent but after three weeks you will be gifted with plenty of new growth.

They love a good haircut. Then a good watering with power feed/fish emulshin/seaweed.

Mmm chillies.
I just made anothe batch of Sriracha using fermented chiili mash made from home grown Naga's.
Arse burner that one is.
I also grow Orange Habs, Red Habs, Fiesta, Black Pearl, Yello Siam, Goat's Horn, Serrano, Cayenne.

So far I have germinated this year

7 Pot
De Arbol ( Blood )
Aji Lemon
Tabasco
Trinidad Scorpion ( orange )
Dedo Dell Mocha
Naga Bon
Yellow Ceyenne
Birds Eye.

masters now has a good range. they have chocolate habs, bhut jolokia, chocolate bhut, 7 pod, ones that look like dicks and a few others.

I've scored a pack of dried whole Kashmiri Chillies - the powder is a main feedstock for restaurant curries but hard to get hold of the whole chillies.

I'm going to try and germinate some and if they are successful I can post some of the current batch of dried pods if interested.

Kashmiri chillies are long, brilliant red and mild to medium hot so you can use a heap of them for their smoky sweet flavour.

Bribie G said:
I've scored a pack of dried whole Kashmiri Chillies - the powder is a main feedstock for restaurant curries but hard to get hold of the whole chillies.

I'm going to try and germinate some and if they are successful I can post some of the current batch of dried pods if interested.

Kashmiri chillies are long, brilliant red and mild to medium hot so you can use a heap of them for their smoky sweet flavour.
Hey hey.
If you get them to grow I'd love some seeds. The best chilli powder ever.

Back