Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nagadorset3.jpg

You can see the prolific flowers pretty well in this shot.

nagadorset4.jpg

The frost will sort it out in a few weeks i guess.

This is this morning, i picked half a shopping bag full for my mum's Fijian neghbour yesterday :D

Not sure where the thread is, pretty sure Qld Kev was the OP.

stienberg said:
Look up the recipe for "Inner beauty hot sauce"
Thanks for that, it's delicious!

Just had it with bratwurst, mash with caraway seeds, sauerkraut, gherkin and hot the sauce & washed it down with a dunkelweizen and it was awesome :)

Looks like a great crop. Our jalapeños didn't yield too well this year but the cayennes a have come on strong again

Can anyone ID these fruits I got in coles? Some look like habs, some are kinda shaped like a vintage air drop bomb. They are hot, but probably only half or less the heat in my orange habs, no big chinense flavour.

20130504_120325.jpg

I made a couple of litres of chilli sauces tonight.

One was with any red chilli that I had in the house, it ended up a little sweet, but it is nice and hot with some 7 pods in there.

The other is an "Inner Beauty" type sauce with a bunch of French's mustard and a quarter kilo of orange habs, I ended up using lime and mango and OJ. I went to get mango based on a Breville video of the "Inner Beauty" dude, but then I saw another website when I got home which showed a more authentic recipe based on their actual restaurant sauce, the ingredients, while exchangeable, are actually different. Lucky when I saw brown sugar, I actually got black strap molasses. I can't bring myself to add distilled vinegar to food though.

I am going to regret my actions tomorrow, but I am eating spoonfuls of this stuff.

I thought the vinager acts as a perservative. So depending on how long you're going to keep it you might find it growing mould colonies after a while...

Yeah, but I prefer apple cider vinegar with acetic bacteria present, so I used that instead of distilled. I'm glad I went back for reanalysis, the red one became great with a bit more vinegar to balance sweetness.

I do currently feel like I've been kicked in the guts.

My poor 7 pod plants were ravaged by some kind of mite leaving tiny black dots everywhere and eventually defoliating the plants. I saved seeds and have one cutting that looks good, but I hope I don't lose the douglah.They are way more susceptible to pests than any of my other chillis.

Just planted some jalepenos, red scotch bonnets and yellow fire habeneros.
Cant wait to make a sauce.

×××××××PECAN CHILLI SAUCE××××××

Can the owner, or someone who knows the location of this recipe, please post a link.

I'm sure it was in this thread, but I can't find it. A search turned up nothing.

Cheers, Dan

Anybody got any new Chilli's sprouting...
I have some new varieties this year to try to grow.

Nebru - a new cross of a 7 pot / Scotch Bonnet from THSC
Primo Red - 7 pot
Primo Orange - 7 pot
Peach But Jolika
Black Devils Tongue
Mustard Devils Tongue
Yellow 7 Pot
TS Moruga - 7 pot
Barakpore - 7 Pot

I hope to harvest the seeds and give them away on AHB at the appropriate time. I will post when they are ready.

She just potted up some Jalepeno seeds for me to grow this year from the Great Chilli Seed Swap.

I had a couple of accidental chilli seedlings sprouting in my window planter box... unfortunately, it looks like a slug ate them :(

At least I have two strong two year old chilli plants :)

Where des everyone get the plants from. id love to start a collection..love chillies

Just got Jalepenos and some garden variety so far..

I have some Naga Dorset seed. Send me a pm for my addy and a SA envolope will get you some for free.

Back