Chilli! All Things Chillies.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone here had any bad dealings with http://rarechilliseeds.com/ . I ordered from them over a month ago and they have not delivered . I have emailed them but have not had any reply. I am sure I got onto them from this site but for all my searching I cant see where. Anyway, any info on how to contact them would be great. Thanks

I've not dealt with them sorry, but if you're going to cut your losses I highly recommend the hippy seed company - They're very good to deal with. they do seeds and some wicked sauces.
no affiliation etc.

Haven't dealt with them, but I have sent some chilli seeds out free and the receiver didn't even bother to thank me :blink:

http://www.fireworksfoods.com.au/

I've ordered loads of seeds from her, and have been very impressed with service. Responds to emails ( :huh: I know, right?) and delivery is nice and quick. Got ripper plants from all of her seeds.

Hope this helps. :beerbang:

Thanks guys for the feedback. I will cut my losses and will check out the ones listed. And QldKev , I would thank you if I was sent free seeds :icon_cheers:

djar007 said:
Thanks guys for the feedback. I will cut my losses and will check out the ones listed. And QldKev , I would thank you if I was sent free seeds :icon_cheers:
Sorry djar007, I should clarify. This was not aimed at djar007. I was just getting on the "bad dealing with chilli seeds" theme

I have approx. 15 - 20 habanero's 's that I have picked off my bush. Without letting them go to waste I presume the only thing to do is make a sauce. Does anyone have a good recipe? (apologies in advance, I'm sure there's already a plethora in this thread...but in 56 pages!)

What sort of habs? What sort of sauce are you wanting?

I am waiting on delivery of a new blender, but I prob have a half to three-quarters of a kilo of orange habs I'm freezing to make into a tropical style sauce with some lime and mango. I might need to use tinned mango because it is exactly out of season.

blended up these the otherday..
bhuts and butch t's

IMAG0150_zps2103eff6.jpg

with about 2 liters of vinegar and some salt

IMAG0152_zps19313aec.jpg

I gave it all a quick boil to kill of all the bugs on the bbq glad I did it out side the fumes were lung burning!

man this stuff is HOT

Bizier said:
What sort of habs? What sort of sauce are you wanting?

I am waiting on delivery of a new blender, but I prob have a half to three-quarters of a kilo of orange habs I'm freezing to make into a tropical style sauce with some lime and mango. I might need to use tinned mango because it is exactly out of season.

phoneyhuh said:
I have approx. 15 - 20 habanero's 's that I have picked off my bush. Without letting them go to waste I presume the only thing to do is make a sauce. Does anyone have a good recipe? (apologies in advance, I'm sure there's already a plethora in this thread...but in 56 pages!)
Look up the recipe for "Inner beauty hot sauce"

MMMM Habernero mango sauce....

mangochilisauce1.jpg

My favourite Mango Chillie Sauce Bajan style.

Mix 8-12 seeded haberneros
couplea birdseyes,
couplea jalepenos,
5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar in the whizzer and mince till liquid.

Add slowly,
1 large 800 gm can mango's drained,
1 cup american hotdog mustard
1/4 cup dark brown or maidera sugar
1 tablespoon Keens Curry powder
2 teaspoons Cumin
3/4 tablespoon chillie powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked 4 pepercorn mix.

Mix in the blender and bottle.

20130420085150.jpg

this mornings harvest, mystery scorpionabaneros, scotch bonnets, orange habs and mystery "red" chillis. All went into the dehydrator along with more habs, scotch bonnets, choc fatallis, cayennes and choc habs that had been picked earlier and stored in the freezer. after cutting them all up my fingers were on fire even though i was wearing gloves.

Made chilli jam yesterday. 10 jars. Borrowed my wife's preserving kit and hot packed it into hot jars so it should keep for ages. Fantastic flavour. Hot, sour, spicy...mmmm...

Mind you , when she finds out I've nicked all the small jars she was saving for apple jelly, I'm in for it.

IMAG0225.jpg

I like this idea as it is very simple and 'pure' so can used as a base for cooking etc. I've done similar with Devils tongues and Bhuts (seperatly) except very small amount of vinegar ( freezing not storing ) and olive oil. Result was frozen in zip lock bags flat about 3mm thick and i 'snap off' enough chilli for cooking curries etc with as needed from the baggie. Once frozen can be stored upright and takes up next to zero space in freezer. Pics of this is somewhere in this thread :lol: .

Oh BTW: you do know you have a crap load of stalks still in there :drinks:

Robbo2234 said:
blended up these the otherday..
bhuts and butch t's

IMAG0150_zps2103eff6.jpg

with about 2 liters of vinegar and some salt

IMAG0152_zps19313aec.jpg

I gave it all a quick boil to kill of all the bugs on the bbq glad I did it out side the fumes were lung burning!

man this stuff is HOT

Cube said:
Oh BTW: you do know you have a crap load of stalks still in there :drinks:

Yep sure do!
when there blended down you dont know where there.

and with all that heat you cant tase much too!!!!

I was just in my local Coles and they had a separate section in the fresh veg all dedicated to Chillies. I was impressed most of them I didn't know. Also they stock Fountain Hot Chilli sauce cheap as and quite tasty but not very hot.

Bubba Q said:
20130420085150.jpg

this mornings harvest, mystery scorpionabaneros, scotch bonnets, orange habs and mystery "red" chillis. All went into the dehydrator along with more habs, scotch bonnets, choc fatallis, cayennes and choc habs that had been picked earlier and stored in the freezer. after cutting them all up my fingers were on fire even though i was wearing gloves.
So how do the mystery chilli's taste?

My second harvest of bunnings habs are mutated as but definitely don't have that distinctive scorpion tail like yours.
Although the colour of yours is the same as my first harvest was before they went bright orange.

nomnomnom,

Been meaning to get into chillies for a long time.
Everything i grew in NSW was eaten by possums, now im in QLD i just ordered some scotch bonnets and Habenero yellow fires.

edit:eplssiing

My Naga Dorset will just not stop cropping. It's a continual flush for a month and a half now and doesn't look like slowing down. Plant is a metre square (cept it's round)

I have gifted, frozen, dried and seeded chillies. I don't know what to do with them all. May do some chilli oil and then i'll just pull it out i spose.

I will have a few packs of seeds dried soon, i'll post in the swap thread when they are ready.

punkin said:
My Naga Dorset will just not stop cropping. It's a continual flush for a month and a half now and doesn't look like slowing down. Plant is a metre square (cept it's round)

I have gifted, frozen, dried and seeded chillies. I don't know what to do with them all. May do some chilli oil and then i'll just pull it out i spose.

I will have a few packs of seeds dried soon, i'll post in the swap thread when they are ready.
Where is this "swap" thread? I'd love to get my hands on some of these seeds. I've got some Jalapeno seeds to offer in return.

Latest posts

Back