Chest Freezer Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baulko Brewer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have found what appears to be a real good buy- a 300l chest freezer for $30. I want to set it up for a keg system. the issue i have is that the inside is Stainless Steel. I don't want to drill into it as I want to build a collar, but was thinking that maybe there might be some issue with SS.

is this a problem or should I go snap it up before some else does

thanks in advance

The paint is blistering on the inside of my keg freezer. Oh for a stainless one!!

Easy enough to do all of your rigging on the collar, sounds like a bargain - 300ltr is a nice size too.

Easy enough to do all of your rigging on the collar, sounds like a bargain - 300ltr is a nice size too.

So take it Stainless is fine. preferable even??

I have never seen one in the Keg set ups, thats why i ask

Yeah wouldn't worry me, in fact if it's sturdy I'd kind of like it. Sometimes if I have to jam a keg in slightly I worry about the sides. Where are you thinking of possible problems?

Yeah wouldn't worry me, in fact if it's sturdy I'd kind of like it. Sometimes if I have to jam a keg in slightly I worry about the sides. Where are you thinking of possible problems?

well i am not sure where any problems would lie, I wont have any electrics floating about (except for STC1000). just paranoid as I have never seen them with SS interior before.

thanks for your help

$30! The best suitable chest freezer I've been able to find so far is $587!! (albeit a new one.)
Definitely do it! SS is bling! As said, you can do all the handiwork on the collar, freezer remains untouched.

Check out my sig for chesty conversion

Mate, whatever you do DO NOT buy that chesty.....

Stainless is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

Looks shit, hard to clean, unsanitary, oh and did i mention it will look shit???

I have a ute.

PM me the details and i will go collect it, and remove it so you never have to think about it again........

Latest posts

Back