Cheers 2 A Good Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Well Cheers,,, Don't you just love it when it all works out without any real effort .. Managed too put 2x40lt batches down this morning, all cleaned up and yeast on them by 13:00 , no prep last night or anything just got up and started things happening ... so 40lt of the house ale and 40lt of something towards the red ale side of things ... a few pints later and all is good ...

Cheers to anyone else that's brewing today , hope it all falls into place ...

:icon_chickcheers:

Edit: Maybe a few pints 2 many ? I forgot too mention that the brew wench produced 1Doz killpatrick oysters for breakfast at 08:45 and there is prawn skewers waiting for the bbq ...

Sorry guys , but thats life in the tropics ....

I sacrificed some beer to the brew gods this morning...so that is why everything went well

you're welcome :)

2 weeks to go Champion..... :beerbang:

Yeep I started at 8:30 and finished at 12. Brewed a nice English Ale. Sitting in the "Brew room" just started bubbling away. Nice day

Well, I went to start mine at 9:30am, got delayed, dog decided to go for a walk without letting us know.

10am, pull all my gear out, set up the burner... where's my gas bottle? It's next to the BBQ, empty. Other gas bottle attached the the BBQ is also practically empty. "Thanks, Dad!" (I love living at home... >_>) "Oh, sorry Adam, here's the money for a refill. Oh and while you're down there get mine filled too, and take the empty bottles and cans too.

Ended up starting around 11:30am, finished around 4pm after cleaning. *sigh*

that's crazy talk. I can't imagine ever starting a brewday that early- normally plan to start up the HLT at 11 or so

FWIW, I usually start a triple decoction day at about 6 AM...but I don't have a HLT, so I use the stove and a big pot for brew water.

Planned to brew today, but had to buy ingredients for a Schwarzbier, as a matter of urgency. Then got distracted by a few Coopers Pales and a Cuban cigar (H.Upmann Magnum 50) and a couple of good coffees. Who sez Newcastle is a cultural waste-land? Not me.

I am happy to see you brew day went off as planned. My last brewday on as contrast was a comical disaster. I had missed a few months as I was in India and Sri Lanka, so we made a bit of a day of it, and were wasted prior to lunch time.

Brewing went down from there.

Did 2 x 25L batches one a Welsh Ale, the other a Belgium Wit.

Missed mash team, forgot wirfloc, even forgot the lemon and oats for the Wit. Dam, what a disaster.

Oh well, lets see how forgiving beer can be.

As long as it is drinkable the rest can be put down to learning Osangar. For me brew day will be tomorrow, was at work today. Bottle a wheat beer and put on a Newcastle Brown. The wheat beer is K&K and the Newcastle Brown will be partial mash.

Drew

that's crazy talk. I can't imagine ever starting a brewday that early- normally plan to start up the HLT at 11 or so

I have got my HLT timer set to start at 6.45am in the morning. Yes Sunday morning. Like to be all done by lunch.

BYB

If you think 6.45 is bad...
My last brew day started at 4am, ended about 8.30. although in this case it was more like a very late start, rather than a very early one.
Insomnia has its benefits. :p

Pffffffft I'm at the gym before most of you get up in the morning :insert agressive evil looking smiley:

Back