Cheapest Supplier For March Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
as per the title wheres the best price available?

as per the title wheres the best price available?
I thought I heard another can being opened.......

Just dont mention Bulk Buy.

Seriously try one of the sponsors, thats what came out of the last bulk buy effort.

Seriously try one of the sponsors, thats what came out of the last bulk buy effort.
+1
I looked far and wide but Craftbrewer were easily the cheapest, I ordered one off them the other day. Same with used corny kegs (4 buy deal with free delivery) some others had good prices for the kegs but the delivery charges kill the deal unless you live close by.

No affiliation to Craftbrewer, service is prompt & professional, I wish more walk in businesses had their customer service record.

yeah. mind you it's not heaps cheaper. with the cheapest delivery its still about 245 aud landed, and our dollar is peaking at the moment so it might not be that for long. Also keep in mind that doesnt come with a plug or bracket.

Yeah its the 809-HS.
The only difference to locally available ones is the US model has a bracket welded onto the body. Bonus!

I thought I heard another can being opened.......

Just dont mention Bulk Buy.

Yep that was another one hey?

can_of_worms1.jpg

Bugger their open now.

Batz :lol:

MonopolyMan.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Batz

Yeah its the 809-HS.
The only difference to locally available ones is the US model has a bracket welded onto the body. Bonus!

If you read the description you will realize that the pic is not of the pump you are getting.
" Does not come with the 6' cord or the built-in base."

:ph34r: troll warning :ph34r:
115v; you will require a (step_down) voltage converter or enquire if pump can be provided@240V.
AUS $ is relatively high atm. Would put a pump around $155AUD price point. I've seen these as low as $110USD via US forum special offers or wholesale BB.. they generally hover around the $129 range. Shipping USPS from US will run you around $32.00 (first-class international package).. with max weight at 20lbs.. means if you get a few mates together, you can get a few pumps in 1 box.

here's a bit of background into the AUS pump-distribution-war. AHB is littered with further banter e.g. karl vs. john preston, more
701.gif

If you read the description you will realize that the pic is not of the pump you are getting.
" Does not come with the 6' cord or the built-in base."

Your right it does say that.

However, the pump I received from them did come with the base. 3' lead is no big deal either way.

Also ordered a s/s false bottom, a tub of PBW & some fermcap foam control.
Total price was within a few dollars of what I would have paid for just the pump delivered locally.

I would have been happier to order locally but found it hard to swallow the $100 odd price jump from about a year ago. I guess having sole distribution allows for some big margins.

I would have been happier to order locally but found it hard to swallow the $100 odd price jump from about a year ago. I guess having sole distribution allows for some big margins.

Yeah especially when you can buy a 800W water pump with a 8metre head including auto control for about 30 bucks extra.

Anyone else loitering with intent?

I have just got my tax back and it's starting to burn a hole....might have to see if we can organise a group buy (did not want to use the bulk word - :D ).

Anyone else loitering with intent?

I have just got my tax back and it's starting to burn a hole....might have to see if we can organise a group buy (did not want to use the bulk word - :D ).

Absolutely. You've "outed" me before I'm quite ready, but I've been quietly researching prices both locally and from the US.
This will NOT be a BULK buy, only a small 4-6 unit buy to split shipping costs if they come from the US. Once the shipping quota is filled for 1 box, that's it, all closed.

I'll start a seperate thread once I'm ready...

Latest posts

Back