Cheap Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben said:
well i just put the order in for 4 kegs, it said on the page that you can order 4 per box so i will see what happens
Let us know how you go Ben...It looks like different people are getting different answers <_<

This guy on ebay is slightly more expensive but says 4 is ok.

$US18.50 each, postage for 4 = $US68.40

I've seen mentions of him somewhere around the aus brewing sites and everyone appeared happy with him. I haven't bought from him though so I can't be sure.

mycle.

my order looks like $300 though

In theory there should be no duty, just GST. Last time I dealt with customs they said that as long as GST liability was less than $50 you would be exempt from having to pay it.

PB :ph34r:

ahhh good because i was only up to $118 US in the end + freight (not sure how much that will be yet) but wont be the $300 i was looking at

I ordered 24 kegs for myself and some mates from this bloke ...they came in boxes of 4, near perfect "used" condition, only 3 hadn't remained pressurised (new o-rings supplied).

The only downside was the nervous wait to see if they'd show up!!! :unsure:
They did after 10 weeks using surface mail (cheapest).

If you can get a few blokes interested, its the way to go :D

Wow, that is remarkably cheap! 4 kegs for about A$200 delivered to your door is damn nice. Please hurry up Christmas! :p

Morebeer.com have 4 x Un-reconditioned 5 Gal Corny Kegs on sale for US$85 (normally US$119). That works out to A$30.36 per keg, plus postage. Shipping Weight is quoted as 44lbs.
Here's the URL: click here...
The gasket rebuild kit is US$2.95 plus postage.

If you don't feel like reconditioning the kegs, a bundle of 4 Reconditioned Kegs is US$135 plus postage. At 70 cents to the greenback, that's $48.21 Aussie per keg, plus postage.

Also on this URL they are selling brand new 5 Gal Cornys for US$99.95 plus postage and new 3 Gal Cornys for US$74.95 plus postage.

Oh the choices.. the choices B)

TL

Gout said:
well i just put the order in for 4 kegs, it said on the page that you can order 4 per box so i will see what happens
Gout, how did things turn out with your order - did you manage to get 4 in one box?

cheers

when you ordered 24 kegs, what did the price work out at per keg?

no it is in 2 box's :( but it still worked out cheaper than AU keg prices and that including all the extra's i bought like spare rebuild kits quick disc. posts T peices etc etc

Cheers Gout,

So what was the price on delivering 2 boxes?

Cheers,
dougy

Would it be better to get rebult kegs or leave it and get the ones not rebuilt for beginners?

I like the idea of the 3 gallon kegs, with a party keg tap and maybe a
Beer Keg CO2 Charger with Ball Lock Disconnect like on ebay at the moment.... anyone had any experience with the party keg taps and co2 chargers?

Thanx

Sluggerdog,
Rebuilding kegs is a piece of piss...I would recommend it to anyone, especially new keggers who want to get to know their equipment. Brewers Discount in the US sells 5 Gallon un-reconditioned kegs for US$16 plus postage (US$42.50 for 2 x 5 Gal kegs and US$47.60 for 3 x 3Gal cornys).
They also sell a Gasket Set for US$2.50, Corny plugs for US$7.50 a pair and poppets for US$2. O ring packs are US$2.50 and new relief valves cost US$6.50. They've got all the bits you need to make an old keg new! B)

If you want to get them to rebuild the 5 Gal kegs, they cost US$24.50 each plus postage.

Their website is here...
A good URL for a primer on rebuilding kegs is here: http://cruisenews.net/brewing/kegging/index.php
Cheers,
TL

Thanks Trough Lolly. I think I might buy a built one as well as an unbuilt one.. so I can see..

CHEERS

Anyone know the height of the 5 gal keg?
My fridge has a height clearance of 790mm. Am I OK ??

I think they are about 650mm high. But don't quote me on that, i'm sure someone else who has a keg can tell you.

Sluggerdog

The rebuilt kegs from Brewers Discount aren't actually rebuilt. They just provide the kit will all the gaskets and 2 new poppets. You still need to pull it apart and install all the new bits and pieces.

If you bought the $16 keg you would need to buy a gasket kit $2.50 and 2 poppets $4. This way is $2 cheaper.

The difference is the rebuilt kegs get a more thorough going over, have beer and gas posts in excellent condition and the kegs themselves are the cream of their crop.

I've bought both the $16 and $24.50 kegs. The $24.50 kegs were definitely in better condition, but this was mainly aesthetics.

Your choice, but for the extra US$2 I went for the rebuilt kegs for my set-up.

Cheers
MAH

Following up on a question from kman to Jimmy.....

How much did you pay for the bulk keg order jimmy?????

dreamboat

Some people have ordered 5 Gal kegs from this mob for US$13!!
http://www.homebrewing.org/item2.htm

I've emailed them to see how much 4 shipped to Aust will cost...

Hey MAH - Thanks for the good oil on Brewers Discount - I like their $24.50 plus postage reconditioned kegs deal but if I can get them from the above outfit for $13 plus postage and refit them myself, it might be just as good a deal...Will see.

Perhaps I'll buy the kegs from homebrewing.org and get the rebuild gear from Brewers Discount!! :lol:

Did they charge you US$42.50 postage per pair of kegs, MAH?

Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back