Cheap $4 20l Mayo Style Buckets - Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone in Adelaide looking for some cheap 20L mayo style buckets with lids for brewing. I picked up two this arvo for $4 each from the local "Barnacle Bill's" (fish and chips shop)....was the store on port rush rd (glen osmond end). The lady that served me said they always have heaps.

Great for grain storage, fermenting or building a basic mash tin which is what I am doing.

Also Camping mats at "Sam's Warehouse" are $5.99 atm...only the thin ones but should do the job.

Cheers, Pok

Just a heads up for anyone in Adelaide looking for some cheap 20L mayo style buckets with lids for brewing. I picked up two this arvo for $4 each from the local "Barnacle Bill's" (fish and chips shop)....was the store on port rush rd (glen osmond end). The lady that served me said they always have heaps.

Great for grain storage, fermenting or building a basic mash tin which is what I am doing.

Also Camping mats at "Sam's Warehouse" are $5.99 atm...only the thin ones but should do the job.

Cheers, Pok

She must like you more than me, I paid $5 each at the same shop, years ago :)

What size in litres are they...

She must like you more than me, I paid $5 each at the same shop, years ago :)

Dude, its the economic downturn, the used mayo bucket market is in tatters.

ask at your local hotel/ community centre, preferably one with a big kitchen, they might give them to you.

ask at your local hotel/ community centre, preferably one with a big kitchen, they might give them to you.

Thats what I was planning on doing....but when they were only $4 ea I couldnt be bothered searching any further. Not worth the time/petrol etc

Thats what I was planning on doing....but when they were only $4 ea I couldnt be bothered searching any further. Not worth the time/petrol etc

Perhaps we could organise a bulk buy and screw the price down to $3 :)

$4 is a bargain compared to the new ones in the big green shed I saw for $11.99 :ph34r:

Cheers
Nige

sorry, I assumed you was a pisshead like me and would be in there regular anyways

Mitani`s at Salisbury has them for around the same money, last time I got 10 for $30

Just an update on this. I went in there Friday and picked up 4, and the lady said they have at least another dozen out the back and they're happy to be rid of them. I'm using them to build a bucket-in-a-bucket mash tun.

Latest posts

Back