Cheap 25l Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you could actually weight it with any liquid if you want, cos we all got hydrometers! Fill 'er up with beer (that's what its for after all), then volume (in litres) = weight in kg divided by FG.
Actually, fill it with two liquids, measure the side of the cube, multiply by eight, divide by the square root of your telephone number, and take away the number you first thought of.

a much easier approach is to realise that the cube does not exist, you are merely filling your self.

I have a Brewer's Selection cube from when I bought it off Ross as a FWK and it is indeed 15L. I checked it out with my accurate 3L jug to see if it would hold more than its claimed size, as indeed the Willow Cubes do, but nope 15 it is.

I use it for transporting hot water from the solar to the mash tun and it's a good sturdy cube made from the same material as the Willows.

I use these as a no chill cube - (have heaps) My accurate jug measures them at 16.4L
hmmm

If you are filling and measuring with cold water, the cube wont bulge out at the sides, probably resulting in just over 15L
Whem Im filling them from the kettle, I fill them very slowly which gives the plastic a bit of time to become more supple which allows it to bulge out fitting more in. I definatly get more than 17L in each one.

Guys,

Cause we all know that 1L = 1000g (water only.....! not other liquids etc)

Just to completely geek out for a second, that only holds true at about 4 degrees Celsius. At 20 degrees it's more like 998gm per cubic meter. Dissolved minerals will also effect the equation. And because water is compressible your height above sea level will also change the volume, but now we're just getting silly :)

Actually, fill it with two liquids, measure the side of the cube, multiply by eight, divide by the square root of your telephone number, and take away the number you first thought of.

Is the answer an elephant from bulgaria?? :lol:

Latest posts

Back