Cheap 20L cubes at Bunnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobedogg

Reaction score
$14.95. Bargain. My local (Hoppers Crossing) had a pallet of them. HDPE rated as well. Grabbed a couple.

5353b55a-6984-4da8-8656-05eb82f126cd.jpg

Less places for nasties to hide.

I bought a couple of that design a few years ago and they both had pin holes in an identical location at the bottom of that "two o'clock" arm on the moulded design in the side. I'd guess that the entire batch might have been affected.

Give them a go but I'd suggest a boiling water and shake test first to make sure they are ok. They took mine back no problems and I bought Willows at that time.

I've got some of those, the BMW plastic ones. Aussie made. They're awkward to squeeze all the air out of and tipping them out can be comical, but they do the job very well for the price.

You should check People in Plastics in Sunshine West Lobedogg. A great shop for brewers. 10 min from Grain and Grape. I scored some 2nd's cubes from there there last time i was there. $5ea.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Tap spot on these?
Yep, at the base. Fits a standard tap which makes them handy for camping. Which coincidentally was the justification for them when questioned by my wife.

TheWiggman said:
Yep, at the base. Fits a standard tap which makes them handy for camping. Which coincidentally was the justification for them when questioned by my wife.
I love just serving up a big "justification" to Boss Girl and hearing only silence........especially when I know I am full of crap and she fell for it. Dangerous living on the edge, but exhiliarating.

nosco said:
You should check People in Plastics in Sunshine West Lobedogg. A great shop for brewers. 10 min from Grain and Grape. I scored some 2nd's cubes from there there last time i was there. $5ea.
Cheers nosco. Will do.

Back