Chat !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
Just checking my Mirc connection on ahb chat.
Is anyone on ahb chat at the moment?
Cheers

There are a number of us in via the AHB Chat link.

Doc

My connection says I am connected but no one but me is home.???

Dane,
I have never been able to get to the chat from the link on the site.
I used to be able to get there by going into mirc and entering ahb/pilsner but it doesn't seem to work now.
It may have nothing to do with the new site as I said, it has never worked.
I am no computer expert far from it but I think it had something to do with java?

Yeah i was remembering that you had problems with the first one. Are you on Mac or PC? The new webchat is still java (it has to be) but should work on both Mac and PC, although I haven't tested on Mac.

When you click on the link at the top it should take a little while to load up , you may get a box poping up asking permission to run it, just slect yer and then the chat window should appear and it will log u in.

I'm on PC Dane.
When I click on the link all I get is a heading "ahb chat" and a big blank square with an click icon in the left hand top corner.
I click on it but nothing happens ??

I have not be able to access chat since I installed ZoneAlarm Security

Batz

I have read about Zonealarm blocking Java before...i'm sure there has to be a way to give permissions for java to run, usually you can add a program go and browse for the java program and select allow.

If you are having problems with Java and Zonealarm, try and contact them and report your findings back here.

dicko - you still might be using the old chat on Mirc.

we aren't on efnet anymore.

/server pacific.nsw.au.austnet.org

once you are connected do

/j #ahb

thats where we are now...

Thanks Dane,
I am installing Java at the moment ( taking ages )
I will se how I go.
Cheers

It took me ages to work out why a lot of java stuff didnt work for me, and it was zonealarm.

In zonealarm, go to the privacy tag on the left. Then grab the "Main" tag at the top.

In the field "mobile code control" select to off.

Otherwise it blocks scripts, java, embedded and mime objects.

That fixed a lot of hassles I was having, like internet banking not working.
Just a thought.

dicko said:
Thanks Dane,
I am installing Java at the moment ( taking ages )
I will se how I go.
Cheers
[post="45079"][/post]​

Yeah from memory it is a large download...not to omuch fun if you are on dialup,

Also thanks for the info Guest Lurker, I'm sure tthat will be handy for some.

Thanks GL
That's already off :(

Batz

Dane, your a champion,
I am in.
Great stuff, no more Mirc ;)

Cheers

Hey Batz,

In Zone Alarm go to the "Program Control" screen then look at the "Programs" tab,
if you have any programs in there related to Java, make sure they have a green tick next to them in the access column.

Cheers,

Crispy

I used to access the chat via the board and java, it did work, but every so often it would be flakey and unable to log into the chat room. Very frustrating. The java download was about 7Mb, very slow on dialup.

Upgraded to an irc program thanks to a suggestion fron Dane. I use Mirc, and that works much much better, have had no probs getting into the room and chatting, plus it gives more features. Am very happy that I made the shift from the java interface to Mirc.

Google on mirc and download to find a site that has the software, a zip file about 1.5Mb. Unzip and run. Make sure you use the settings previously posted.

Other people use Xchat or gaim with good success too. Gaim also interfaces to your msn chat rooms.

In Zone Alarm go to the "Program Control" screen then look at the "Programs" tab,
if you have any programs in there related to Java, make sure they have a green tick next to them in the access column.

Thanks
Now what would a Java related program look like? :blink:

Sorry not real good at this stuff :huh:

Batz

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the CHAT....i was on it but was disconected and cant get back on

rook

Latest posts

Back