Chat Room Is Alive At The Moment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
chat room is alive at the moment fellow posters jump on the band wagon and get it going 25/8 8 :50 pm nt time
cheers big d

fiscus i am not getting any replies untill i post up something then a string of replies pop up

just missed you tonite linz

the room was working alright tonite but its very slow at very best but still worth going in.
last nite i could not even refresh the site or log out for some reason and didnt recieve other peoples post untill i posted something in the chat room.
anyway another nite.
cheers jayse

Hi guys
tonite was my second nite in "the room" and was much better tonite re messages appearing and refresh. It is slow but still its gr8 to be able to talk (nilly??) real time and meet other brewers! I will be back for more!!
look forward to meeting more of u there!
Cheers :chug:
Badbilly

Yeah I was in there last night and good to chat with linz, jayse and big D. It would be great to get some bugs ironed out. Some of my posts came up out of order - appeared before posts that had been posted earlier - if you know what I mean.

Still will try again.

Yeah, I was in there last night. Never really used a chat room before, so it seemed OK to me, if a little slow. Will definitely give it another try.

Shawn.

Yeah I think we can safely say that the current chat setup isn't working. I'm not going to spend time trying to iron out bugs and get things working well on a system that is inferiour from the start.

Hopefully over the weekend I will try and source a different setup/script/etc and start implementing it.

wouldn't it just be easier to assign an IRC channel for AHB? I chat on both oz.org and austnet. I'd be more than willing to start a channel, and it'd attract more people because many people already use IRC on one of those servers.

Perhaps a flash client for IRC would be a happy medium, allowing people to chat from the site or from their own client.

Edit: come to think of it, either sourceforge or cgi-resources have a good client called CGI:IRC. It'd do the job nicely...

Back