Celli Tap Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this post is still getting a few hits I'll post a couple of snaps of mine.. :)
2007_0106jan70003.jpg

:beer:

Bunyip , They look like soldiers , Neat job

that looks a thin door do you have to use the SS shank on the outside of the door ?

Do you need to use the shanks at all ?

Pumpy :)

Do you need to use the shanks at all ?

No pumpy I probly dont need the shanks at all on this fridge and could of used the 5/8" JG fitting instead but I dident want larger cut outs on the inside of the door..

;) Oneday I will build my own coldroom /coolroom / frezzer all walkin and then the shanks will work out on the 75mm panles..

Bunyip what the purpose of the lil computer fan in the fridge ?

My daughter gave me one of her T shirts with

'A BOHEMIAN STORM BREWING'

I wrap This shirt around the taps to keep the bugs off.

A_Bohemian_Storm_is_brewing.jpg

Pumpy , I've found that the comp fan helps when I put a warm keg in the fridge. by keeping the air moving around it cools overnight. I dont leave it on all the time just when I change a keg. I've put them in both our deep frezers and the other fridges as well and of coase the brew box has one. The deep frezers are much more eficiant now .

so much junk laying around so it might as well do somthing ;)

Pumpy , I've found that the comp fan helps when I put a warm keg in the fridge. by keeping the air moving around it cools overnight. I dont leave it on all the time just when I change a keg. I've put them in both our deep frezers and the other fridges as well and of coase the brew box has one. The deep frezers are much more eficiant now .

so much junk laying around so it might as well do somthing ;)

Bunyip , That is a great idea fan forced fridge, I like that its these ideas some people think nothing of that can improve efficiency , I am going to do that for mine .nice one

by keeping the air moving around it cools overnight
gotta agree there
we just got a new fridge and it's got fans that run when the door is closed (i know because i heard them :p )
wish it was the ferm fridge instead of the old one ;)

edit- fingers that have been drinking

reviving an old thread, just wondering if anyone has pictures of celli's on wood (eg. coller for chest freezer/kegorater)

cheers

-Phill

Looks great on an oak barrel

Oak_barrel.jpg

cheers Ross

so from what i can tell these taps are a bit better than normal taps in that they have a built in flow regualtor meaning you don't have to worry about the length of your keg to tap lines as much as you normally would?

-Phill

so from what i can tell these taps are a bit better than normal taps in that they have a built in flow regualtor meaning you don't have to worry about the length of your keg to tap lines as much as you normally would?

-Phill

Spot on Phil - actually, the shorter the better, limits the annoying collection of CO2 in your beer line.

Cheers Ross

excelent, thanks very much Ross. once i get settled in my new place and start saving some cash again you'll be getting an order :)

-Phill

As I've now got a serving fridge to be butchered, what would be the benefit of getting the Celli taps over Shirron taps? I obviously only want to purchase once. I'll start with 2 taps and all fittings with a view to more in the future if more kegs fit inside.

I'll be purchasing from you Ross when I know what I need...

bugger it, Now i "THOUGHT" i had my keg setup all figured out, I want something better (= more expensive) lol, Aaaaaah well, maybe ill just start with my cheaper tap then eventually upgrade to a pair of celli's!

Cheers
Ben

The benefit of the celli's seems to be the built in flow restrictor. They seem to be only available in the gold colour for any reasonable price (apparently Ross got a super deal). I personally prefer stainless steel, so I'm looking at the shirron taps. I've been dropping hints for my upcoming 30th, so I'm hoping I might get a couple...(or a triple :p)

dRIP_TRAY_2.jpgI love my Cellis I have reserved a couple more to add to my two .

I really dont use the flow restrictor much but nice to have when I need them

pumpy :)

your both doing a great job in making me re-think my tap situation.....

Great! Now im in trouble with the missus.... what d'you mean its out anniversary lol

Back