Celli Tap Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the old bloke at Andale said "don't use thread tape on beer fittings!"
dunno why....

Just a quick update for the Celli-u-lites. I force carbed a keg of Belgian Pale to 100 kPa and dispensed at the same pressure today.

Poured perfectly with top carbonation and head. These things are totally fantastic if you keep your system balanced. :beer:

Still can't stop looking at them. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Poured perfectly with top carbonation and head. These things are totally fantastic if you keep your system balanced. :beer:

Warren -

All taps pour fantastic if you keep your system balanced <_<

I agree they look 'fantastic' that's for sure :super:

Batz

Batz

With me it's been a bit of a Pluto gun mentality which I've used for the past few years... You're able to get away with overcarbonated pours and unbalanced systems because I keep the gun in the fridge.

Once I got the Cellis it was more a case of undoing my long held thinking of just carbing the beer however I felt (particularly with Belgians and Wheat Beers).

I reckon the Cellis would be even better if the shank is fully recessed in the fridge or removed entirely to avoid being a heatsink. I'm thinking of getting some thinner marine ply for the front of my freezer collar and just putting the taps in with the 5/8 short shank. Not only would it look better I reckon they'd perform even better again then. :beerbang:

Warren -

If you keep pouring warren the shank soon cools down :)

But I do agree they would look better closer to the fridge door without the shank.

:beer:

But I do agree they would look better closer to the fridge door without the shank.

That's how I put mine in. I have a piece of blue board instead of the inner plastic skin of the fridge door. The fat part of the adaptor shank fits in nice and snug through the blue board & the Celli screws up tight on the outside of the door. Looks good & pours bewtifully.

I don't mind the silver / gold contrast that the shank gives.

My plan is to raise the fridge on a stand and have a bar (camphor laurel slab for the top) sitting against the fridge. Drip tray of course.

Scott

IMG_4390.JPG
IMG_4391.JPG
IMG_4392.JPG

That's how I put mine in. I have a piece of blue board instead of the inner plastic skin of the fridge door. The fat part of the adaptor shank fits in nice and snug through the blue board & the Celli screws up tight on the outside of the door. Looks good & pours bewtifully.

Boy! You didn't muck around Rob. :eek:

Should have got you to come around and set mine up. :lol: :p

Warren -

It was pretty easy really because the holes & blue board were already there for the previous taps - just needed a little "massaging" with the rasp :D

I messed around with the setup of one of my Celli's today. First getting rid of the shank all together and using a 5/8 swivel nut & barb kit from CraftBrewer. It poured perfectly but it pulled on the fridge door too much.
So next I did like Pumpy and put the shank inside the fridge and used the John Guest fittings. I've only just done it so it's too early to say much about the pour. I also worry about tightening the plastic fittings as I've already overtightened one and broke it :(
Hey Ross, do you have a swivel nut and barb kit that will fit the Celli's shank?

celli1.jpg
celli2.jpg

I messed around with the setup of one of my Celli's today. First getting rid of the shank all together and using a 5/8 swivel nut & barb kit from CraftBrewer. It poured perfectly but it pulled on the fridge door too much.
So next I did like Pumpy and put the shank inside the fridge and used the John Guest fittings. I've only just done it so it's too early to say much about the pour. I also worry about tightening the plastic fittings as I've already overtightened one and broke it :(
Hey Ross, do you have a swivel nut and barb kit that will fit the Celli's shank?

View attachment 10755
View attachment 10756

Thunderlips,

Dont worry about the pour they will work fine ,but you may have to work up you carbonation mine is going great ,my daughter had been having a few during the day and left the gas on and it gave me a chance to work the restriction lever works like a charm .

I have got one keg of my brown ale that is a bit overcarbonated that wont pour I just got back and have to sort that one out .

Pumpy :)

Dont worry about the pour they will work fine ,but you may have to work up you carbonation mine is going great ,my daughter had been having a few during the day and left the gas on and it gave me a chance to work the restriction lever works like a charm dd.

I really like the flow levers. I use 'em to pour low carbonated beers faster so I get more head and high caronated beers slower so I don't get too much head. I don't have dual regs though so in the end they all end up being about the same.

Scott

Although there is a plastics washer seal inside the shank it did not work and filled my fridge door up with a couple pints of beer now dribbling out the corner of the fridge and smelling a touch oxidised , with have to use a few rounds of the teflon tape .
Pumpy, did you get your leaking problem sorted?
I found that I had to get rid of the the little black collar that sits between the shank and tap to get a good fit or it would leak. I imagine the extra gap it made wasn't allowing the tap shank to fit all the way up against the white washer that is inside the door shank.
Doesn't look as good though. I did also try with teflon tape but no matter what it would still leak.
Now that I think of it maybe I just didn't use enough.

I found that I had to get rid of the the little black collar that sits between the shank and tap to get a good fit or it would leak.
Fixed the leaking. Just needed the rubber washer between the shank and tap and then I could put the black collar back on.

Pumpy, did you get your leaking problem sorted?
I found that I had to get rid of the the little black collar that sits between the shank and tap to get a good fit or it would leak. I imagine the extra gap it made wasn't allowing the tap shank to fit all the way up against the white washer that is inside the door shank.
Doesn't look as good though. I did also try with teflon tape but no matter what it would still leak.
Now that I think of it maybe I just didn't use enough.

Thunderlips ,

I used one of the black washers on the inside of the fridge before screwing the shank on and two rounds of 'yellow' gas teflon tape which is a bit thicker than normal .

I tightened the shank using the brass nut on the back ,

I also used a bit of the 'white' teflon tape on the John guest fitting .

Trust me persevere with it and it will look & function how you want it too .

we all expect a Plug and play but things need a bit of understanding and debugging .

Pumpy :)

When I hooked up my brother-in-laws system for the first time, I found it leaked like a sieve. Since we had no teflon tape lying around at the time I just used a shifter to tighten up all the joints and voila... no more leaks.

It was also very heady at first but then we cooled the keg down a bit more and it poors perfectly. Pity the brew I made tasted rather fruity. Oh well...

Cheers

HK

The 2 sealing washers inside the shank have only be loosely fitted - They need tightning hard to get them seated nice & flat...

cheers Ross

Since this post is still getting a few hits I'll post a couple of snaps of mine.. :)
2007_0106jan70003.jpg

I cut a hole in the top shelf to make room for the 3rd keg..
2007_0106jan70004.jpg

And I had to cut out the ends of the little lids on the door. The one on the left is needed to turn the light off..
2007_0106jan70005.jpg

And thats it , all working a treat . I love being able to addjust the flow with these, I've had heeps of over carbed or under carbed brews befor and was allways fiddling around with the reg and relese valve..

The 2 sealing washers inside the shank have only be loosely fitted - They need tightning hard to get them seated nice & flat...

I've not had to use any plumbing tape on my cellis.

regards
Scott

Latest posts

Back