Cask and Hand-pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the original spout i was able to screw a 1/8 bsp nipple into it then screw a home made sparkler on the other end.

The replacement will have a parker/swagelok compression fitting to 1/8 bsp and the same home made sparkler.

The home made sparkler basically a 1/8 cap with 7 holes drilled in it.

Here is my attempt at Fullers Black Cab porter
IMG_0888.jpg

correct, its actually a British cycle thread (BSC or BSCy), 5/8 British Standard Cycle 26 TPI
I'm trying to source a stainless straight barb fitting to attach vynal tubing to a sprinkler for a rocket pump. Having looked on line this type of thread seems incredibly rare, is there an equivalent thread size/type that could be substituted, or any other way of attaching a sprinkler to vynal tubing?

Looking at the brittish cycly thread it seems like the main diff is thread shape (60 deg versus 55). I suspect a slightly smaller diameter thread could work.

Another possiblity is to attach a intertap beer spout attachment, does anyone know the thread size/type on those, hopefully nothing obscure!

As it turns out there are 2 Intertaps one an original the other a copy and the only difference is the thread on the spout and cap. Cheapest and easiest way is use some silicone tube, for a sparkler go to Bunnings and get a mixer in the tap dept only a few dollars.

002.JPG 004.JPG

Does the Valterra pump need a non return valve between it and the keg/bag?

Also, are there any other pumps beside beer engines people recommend?

Thanks

Two beers through the pump, a bitter and a mild, must say this mild is better than my last, substituted the pale malt for Vienna malt, must have read that somewhere, gives a lot more body even though it went through the mash cycle at 63 C.
001.JPG 002.JPG Both still a bit green but delicious nevertheless.

Latest posts

Back