Cask and Hand-pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two beers through the pump, a bitter and a mild, must say this mild is better than my last, substituted the pale malt for Vienna malt, must have read that somewhere, gives a lot more body even though it went through the mash cycle at 63 C.
View attachment 113596 View attachment 113597 Both still a bit green but delicious nevertheless.
Hey Weal those look great, it's a pity you don't live within wobbling distance of me, I'd be round your place all the time.

As it turns out there are 2 Intertaps one an original the other a copy and the only difference is the thread on the spout and cap. Cheapest and easiest way is use some silicone tube, for a sparkler go to Bunnings and get a mixer in the tap dept only a few dollars.

View attachment 113573 View attachment 113574
As far as I can tell the rocket pump inlet barb fitting would need a 10mm ID tube to connect back to the corny keg and I have been looking at how to connect a 10mm tube to the QD as I think it's a 8mm barb connection. Would clamping do the trick with a 10mm tube on to 8mm barb?

As far as I can tell the rocket pump inlet barb fitting would need a 10mm ID tube to connect back to the corny keg and I have been looking at how to connect a 10mm tube to the QD as I think it's a 8mm barb connection. Would clamping do the trick with a 10mm tube on to 8mm barb?
Use a short length of beer line over the QD barb with a push fit connector at the other end. Push the 10mm tube over the push fit connector.

The tube may need clamping over the connector. I’ve used silicone tube without clamping and had no problems.

Use a short length of beer line over the QD barb with a push fit connector at the other end. Push the 10mm tube over the push fit connector.

The tube may need clamping over the connector. I’ve used silicone tube without clamping and had no problems.

Where do you get your 10mm ID silicone tubing from?
I have silicone in a few different ID sizes from ebay not 10mm ID though. The one I use over the push fit is 12mm ID and just tight enough so I think 10mm should go over and give a good tight fit.

If not put a short piece of 4mm ID beer line over the barb of your QD, cut it back close to the barb then push the 10mm over that.

Or go one better and just use a bbq lpg reg connected to co2 as a cask breather.

The only reason i can see you would do that is if your pump isnt fitted with a demand valve.
Just researching how to get hold of a lpg regulator without the bull nose connector, and I may have found one but it has NPT threads 1/4" in and 3/8" out. I have found a JG push connector that claims to connects 8mm OD tube (rather than imperial) to both those sizes of NPT threads using Superthread https://www.johnguest.com/product/m...ings-pneumatics/straight-adaptor-superthread/ so I was wondering if anyone had used a JG Superthread product as it claims to work with BSP, BSPT, NPT, PF and PT threads and if so how well did it work?

Hi mate, buy
IMG_0947.jpg
this one, can’t remember what threads but it said on the packet and we’re easy to get, I use this one myself

even if you have one with the POL connector, they generally just screw out at the shank.

would be interested in your standard bitter recipe if its similar to TTL and chance of sharing it?
Will send you 2 recipes TD can't for the life of me remember which one it was Ordinary Bitter recipe would be the favourite. Been using Target hops of late (Burton Bridge Bitter and London Pride) and adding more bitterness, just got some Pilgrim hops to give them a whirl.

Sorry for the late reply TD I have been renovating a holiday let, had a deadline to meet and when it is set by the wife it has to be met, skin of my teeth but.
Been through my recipes today narrowed it down to one, (I never put anything to strong through the hand pump, makes it to easy to over indulge)
For 21 litres OG 1.043 FG 1.011 IBU 31.33

3.75 Marris Otter
0.38 UK crystal 90L
38 g EKG 60 mins
20 g EKG 10 mins
Yeast S04.
90 min mash 90 min boil.

starting volume of water and sparge? ( newbie at this )
Like WEAL says about 31 l if you are not sparging.
I sparge but like a "wet" mash ie high ratio of water.
I'd start with 22 litres (which on my unit is exactly at the 20l mark)
Then sparge with the balance, so 9 ish litres (I do keg size batches so only use about 7 litres)

Latest posts

Back