Cascade, Amarillo & Fuggle Hop Bulk Buy ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross, will pricing be similar to current HBshops prices or the bulk buy prices. I see no problem in you inflating the costs a bit to make a bit of $$ out of it. Just good to see you giving them the big up yours. I think hops is an area where HB shops go over the top in the prices they charge, yet when there is competition like this they piss and moan about it.

All the best for this Ross, Ill definately be supportng the cause.

Rob

berto said:
Ross, will pricing be similar to current HBshops prices or the bulk buy prices. I see no problem in you inflating the costs a bit to make a bit of $$ out of it. Just good to see you giving them the big up yours. I think hops is an area where HB shops go over the top in the prices they charge, yet when there is competition like this they piss and moan about it.

All the best for this Ross, Ill definately be supportng the cause.

Rob
[post="108274"][/post]​

From research - approx half price...

Ross ........ you are a dead set champion :super: Good onya mate!

Well done Ross, high American AA% for me, Chinook, Centennial, Warrior, Simcoe, Columbus, etc., the list of beers to make has just got longer.

Cheers.

Nice one ross. I will be a customer for sure!

well done ross good to see some one looking after the hardcore brewer..

also another short term option is to get your hops from New Zealan ..they have great service and product then hopco will suffer from not selling to the homebrewer and unfortanly the hbs misses out so it aint a win win situation but the hops from nz not including delvivery are around $2.30 nz per 100 grms in a foil pack sprayed with nitro and in late april may will have 2006 season hops

www.nzhops.co.nz no payment by cc available

Duff said:
Well done Ross, high American AA% for me, Chinook, Centennial, Warrior, Simcoe, Columbus, etc., the list of beers to make has just got longer.

Cheers.
[post="108283"][/post]​

I'm with Duff :D

Good on you Ross. I hope that it becomes a really successful venture for you. I am sure you will be well supported by the brewers from AHB.
I have an order of hops ready to go when you are in business.

Will you sell in kilogram lots as well as 100g bags?

C&B
TDA

interested for sure, good to see some one puting there money were there mouth is. would be looking in the kilo area as well. Ross good luck with it.

Good stuff, thanks Ross.

You'll be getting a few orders from me too.

Jez

Duff said:

Cheers.
[post="108283"][/post]​

Finite said:
Nice one ross. I will be a customer for sure!
[post="108284"][/post]​

Ditto the above :beer: :super:

cant wait to see your list of rare/fresh english hops.... ;)

THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Will you sell in kilogram lots as well as 100g bags?

C&B
TDA
[post="108400"][/post]​

The initial idea is to package everything in approx 90 gm packs to make sure they fit under the cheaper freight options - This way my holding stock would be packaged immediately & ready for posting. I want to guarentee, latest next day postage on all stock. Also means even if you order a kilo, you don't have to worry about freshness, once you open. If the demand is there for 1 kg packs of single hops, then obviously they would be a bit cheaper. I guess supply/demand will dictate...

cheers Ross...

Wasnt the original idea 500g & 1kg bags?

Any idea on cost yet guys?

Read the thread Drew. There is to be no more bulk buys through hopco. Hence Ross is starting a hop retailing business and packaging in ~90g lots.

Just my 2 cents, but, which HBS complained to Hopco about them selling directly to craftbrewers. Also, why would Hopco listen to 1 HBS ?? Being the capitalist world that this is, why would Hopco refuse a decent order from a group of craftbrewers ?? Has anyone other than Ross have the contact details for Hopco ???

Don't mean to rain on your parade Ross, but, I'd just like independent confirmation.

Contact details of Hopco are on the OCB site.

johnno

Good on you Ross. I am not into politics as to why a HBS complained and or why Hopco will not sell direct to Homebrewers. The main thing is that at last we might have an outlet that will not up the price by an outragous margin. Thanks mate, I sure will be one of your customers when you get it going.

Cheers,
PeterS.... :beer:

Hopeye said:
Just my 2 cents, but, which HBS complained to Hopco about them selling directly to craftbrewers. Also, why would Hopco listen to 1 HBS ?? Being the capitalist world that this is, why would Hopco refuse a decent order from a group of craftbrewers ??
[post="108498"][/post]​

Very good questions Hopeye.

johnno

johnno said:

johnno
[post="108506"][/post]​

Forgive my ignorance Johnno, but, I only read AHB and don't know about OCB. Any chance of posting the URL ???

Cheers,
David

Hopeye said:
johnno said:

johnno
[post="108506"][/post]​

Forgive my ignorance Johnno, but, I only read AHB and don't know about OCB. Any chance of posting the URL ???

Cheers,
David
[post="108521"][/post]​
oz.craftbrewer.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back