Cascade, Amarillo & Fuggle Hop Bulk Buy ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun in Austria, see if you can find McNessies Adelscott beer.

tdh

p.s. can you leave your avatar hear though?

TDA, I want some centennial too. Nope I am not putting my hand up fpr a bulk buy of every variety under the sun but saaz, centennial, amarillo and cascade pellets would be good.

cheers
Darren

I doubt you would be able to get a whole heap of everything seeing as though everything is in 5kg lots. Only the popular hops would get a run i reckon.

I'll be down for around 300g of amarillo..

Since this is my maided bulk buy(if it goes ahead)

Can someone please explain how it works?

Hi Junior,

Usually someone announces the bulk buy after having arranged something with the distributor/manufacturer/etc. and then collates everyones order. Everyone then sends their money to the organiser and said organiser makes purchase for the goods he/they has/have received payment for. Too easy. What's Hopco's number ??? If Ross is gunna be off touring for a while I'll stick my hand up to organise the rest of this, if Ross will kindly advise of contact details for Hopco.

Cheers,
David

<<edit spelling>>

Hopeye said:
Hi Junior,

Usually someone announces the bulk buy after having arranged something with the distributor/manufacturer/etc. and then collates everyones order. Everyone then sends their money to the organiser and said organiser makes purchase for the goods he/they has/have received payment for. Too easy. What's Hopco's number ??? If Ross is gunna be off touring for a while I'll stick my hand up to organise the rest of this, if Ross will kindly advise of contact details for Hopco.

Cheers,
David

<<edit spelling>>
[post="106939"][/post]​

That's a very kind offer from you David, coupling with what Ross has done previously in the last bulk buy. I'm keen for hops currently unavailable in Sydney, mostly American high AA% like Centennial, Columbus, Warrior, Chinook, etc. Let me know if you go ahead and take over if I can do anything to assist for the Sydney region.

Cheers.

What are the prices involved for this buy?

I'm keen for hops currently unavailable in Sydney, mostly American high AA% like Centennial, Columbus, Warrior, Chinook, etc.

ditto

Duff said:
Hopeye said:
Hi Junior,

Cheers,
David

<<edit spelling>>
[post="106939"][/post]​

That's a very kind offer from you David, coupling with what Ross has done previously in the last bulk buy. I'm keen for hops currently unavailable in Sydney, mostly American high AA% like Centennial, Columbus, Warrior, Chinook, etc. Let me know if you go ahead and take over if I can do anything to assist for the Sydney region.

Cheers.
[post="106946"][/post]​

Nice work fellas, looks like we're getting a bit closer to making this happen :super:

Ross said:
Spoke to Hopco yesterday & new season Amarillo, fuggles, Styrian goldings & cascade are in - but all only in pellets & 5kg lots. A large shipment from UK/Europe of plugs/pellets being cleared this week. I'll speak to them next week for an update...

[post="105846"][/post]​

Update:

Container being unloaded today - so hopefully some news in next few days...

Duff said:
Hopeye said:
Hi Junior,

Cheers,
David

<<edit spelling>>
[post="106939"][/post]​

Cheers.
[post="106946"][/post]​

Nice work indeed. I really liked the way Crispy organised the hop bulk buy last year. Maybe worth asking him for tips.

As Duff said, it'd be good to get some hops that are hard to come by in Sydney.

satchmo said:
Hey I just got this years Amerillo from hopshopdirect $30 for 500gr. Beats waiting for this bulk buy to get off the ground.
[post="106969"][/post]​

Wow, you must feel really satisfied.

satchmo said:
Hey I just got this years Amerillo from hopshopdirect $30 for 500gr. Beats waiting for this bulk buy to get off the ground.
[post="106969"][/post]​

These things take time satchmo theres a fair bit of organising to be done. But $30 for 500g is good for retail price, nice buy. Although I'll wait for wholesale bulk buy price, I've still got a few leftovers from last years bulk buy so am in no rush myself.

I was thinking about putting up my hand earlier, but leave for a cruise in a bit over a week so no possibility. Hopefully this will have kicked off by then. Or at least ill be able to place an order before i leave so i can get some decent stocks goin on.

If it works out cheaper to have hops posted in one large lot to each area then picked up im more than happy to help there, only im a little far out for most id say.

Crispy did a great job accomodating everyone last year and postage didnt work out to be much on top anyway.

Cheers, Rob

satchmo said:
[post="106969"][/post]​

Hopco price has gone up this year $35 per kg delivered.

Is it too late to become part of this hop bulk buy?

manaen said:
Is it too late to become part of this hop bulk buy?
[post="107083"][/post]​

Manaen,

THIS IS NOT A BULK BUY - yet anyway...

Hopco, new season European hops will be in stock this week - they will only be available in 5kg packs to begin with. Other than Amarillo/cascade (pellets), new season American hops have not arrived yet - So whoever decides to run with this, I guess it will be limited to a few hop types - I will put a list up of what's available as soon as I recieve from Hopco...

Cheers Ross...

Whoever is organising in Sydney,I would certainly like to throw in for a a few 1/2 or full kilos to accomodate how they split them.( im sure any other wollongong guys who want in, can pick them up for them when its time to collect)

Regards

Rick

Further to complaints from a homebrew shop who visits this forum, Hopco are no longer selling to "homebrewers". So unfortunately that's the end of hop "bulk buys" from this sector.

Therefore, I am pleased to announce that due to the fact that there seems to be little on offer in the way of reasonably priced quality hop supplies for the craft brewer, I have set up my own Hop packaging/supply Company. Retail sales will start within the next 2 weeks, with an opening special to promote my products - I will be stocking every variety I can reasonably source - They will be fully vacuumed sealed in 100gm foil packages with all relevant details printed clearly on them.

I will post details shortly in the retail section of this forum - In the meantime any ideas or suggestions are most welcomed...

cheers Ross

Will the company be called Rossco? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back