Cascade, Amarillo & Fuggle Hop Bulk Buy ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Dreamboat...

All I will be offering is another option - if it doesn't suit, don't buy - so what's the problem?...

Up to me to make it worth your while :) ... otherwise, my money down the drain...

So please wait till I post details - wasn't looking for this hassle....

cheers Ross....

Ross, you are providing another option for ahb's, its easy people have a go at others when they do something like your doing yeah sure your making money thats fine but your working for it. I'm sure its going to save us brewers time and money.
Its not easy to fork out your own cash to start something up i just did so recently. But i'm right behind you and i'm sure alot of us are.

Good on ya mate all best!

In the meantime is there any chance to get some amarillo from anyone?

Well said dreamboat.
I for one look forward to seeing your prices Ross.

Good luck with your venture

:beer:

Richard

go for it ross hope it turns a tidy little profit for you I will give you a go for sure

junior06 said:
In the meantime is there any chance to get some amarillo from anyone?
[post="108612"][/post]​

thanks junior - how much do you want? - send me a pm....

cheers Ross

The bit of bitching going on here is just what our local hb stores want to hear !

All shut up, and lets hope Ross can save us some bucks eh !

Go get em Ross, balls and all ! :beerbang:

Anyone who is interested in amarillo/saaz buy the prices are
$28.60/kg (plus freight) from Bintani, $36.90/kg from Hopco (apparently they have added 20% GST???). I think we have a full 5kg but if there is interest we could go for 10 kilos.

Saaz is upto 3 kg and the prices are $30.80/kg for plugs. Hope to order shortly.

cheers
Darren

homebrewworld.com said:
Give us all a break eh Darren ?
[post="108782"][/post]​

HBW,
Ross is half a country away from me and doesn't seem to be ready to supply hops atm.
I need some hops in the short term.

cheers
Darren

To all the negative posters on this thread that have not actually met Ross, I'd like to advise you how much you have it wrong. Have you seen any negative comments from the QLD guys that know Ross and have enjoyed his hospitality ? The answer is no because we know that he is a good guy with enormous enthusiam about anything to do with brewing and for him to step up to the plate and offer a cheap alternative to ripoff LHBS is not surprising. What IS surprising is when he will find the time to do it. There are other forums where negativity and abuse is the norm, go there guys, you'll fit right in.

cheers

Browndog

Darren said:
homebrewworld.com said:
Give us all a break eh Darren ?
[post="108782"][/post]​

HBW,
Ross is half a country away from me and doesn't seem to be ready to supply hops atm.
I need some hops in the short term.

cheers
Darren
[post="108786"][/post]​

Darren - if you urgently need seem Amarillo pm me - I'll happily sell you some - you only have to ask. Won't come vacuum sealed though as machine due to arrive next week...

cheers Ross

Just a quick question... How long will vacuum packed hops store for? Is it best to keep them in the freezer or at room temp but out of direct light? The reason I ask is that I don't brew regularly or particularly often (compared to you guys anyway!), but I do want to have a bit of a varied stock near to hand when I feel the need to experiment.

Looking forward to seeing your price list and choice of hops Ross.

Joel said:
Just a quick question... How long will vacuum packed hops store for? Is it best to keep them in the freezer or at room temp but out of direct light? The reason I ask is that I don't brew regularly or particularly often (compared to you guys anyway!), but I do want to have a bit of a varied stock near to hand when I feel the need to experiment.

Looking forward to seeing your price list and choice of hops Ross.
[post="108812"][/post]​

Joel,

best to keep the hops refridgerated or in a freezer - but I've opened 12 month old vacuum sealed hops that have been kept at room temp for the last 6 months & they seemed through appearence & smell to have lost nothing...

cheers Ross

Hiya Ross,
Just wanted you to know that I hope you do make a few bucks off this
and stay in the biz for awhile. I think thats what Aus needs, I started brewing in the states and the hop selection was incredible . The people that made it happen were those that were in it for the money. I'm not a capitalist apologist, mind you, I'm just hoping that we'll have a steady, reliable and accessible supplier and I think that someone from the homebrew community, like yourself, will be the goods. Good times and good luck.
btw...I live on the Gold Coast.. ..the HBS here are the worst I've ever encountered so I've got ulterior motives <_<

It looks like this thread is going a tad off track. The thread title is about a hop bulk-buy, ie a non-profit large purchase split between the buyers. Ross, I don't think discussion of your pending retail venture is suitable in the Bulk Buy forum.

I'm looking forward to your enterprise commencing, so when you're ready to go, please post a thread in Retail Shop and spruik your wares there.

I don't meant to come across as the forum Nazi, nor do I care about the differences that Ross and Darren seem to be airing more and more vociferously, but they do not belong in this thread. I'll gladly and swiftly delete any posts after this that are not about a hop bulk buy.

Cheers

PoMo.

Peter Meddings from Bintani have responded with a price list. The email address for Hopco that I can't remember where I got it from was incorrect and bounced back. They only sell in 5KG foils. Their 2005 shipment is slated to arrive in March sometime.

Would everyone like me to collate all requested order qty from previous posts or do we scrap that and start afresh.

Sorry about the formatting on the list, but, I do have to go to work... yada yada yada....

<edit> spelling </edit>

PostModern said:
It looks like this thread is going a tad off track. The thread title is about a hop bulk-buy, ie a non-profit large purchase split between the buyers. Ross, I don't think discussion of your pending retail venture is suitable in the Bulk Buy forum.

I'm looking forward to your enterprise commencing, so when you're ready to go, please post a thread in Retail Shop and spruik your wares there.

I don't meant to come across as the forum Nazi, nor do I care about the differences that Ross and Darren seem to be airing more and more vociferously, but they do not belong in this thread. I'll gladly and swiftly delete any posts after this that are not about a hop bulk buy.

Cheers

PoMo.
[post="108839"][/post]​

PoMo,

If you look at my first post when announcing this venture, I stated I would post details under the retail section of the forum when i had details, which I will.
Anyone that's asked for hops I've directed to pm me, including Darren, to keep prices etc away from this thread. As I originally started the thread, there's no real hijack here. If you like I'll happily start a thread in retail now? - but would prefer when I have more detail, which will be very shortly...

cheers Ross

Ross,

I never called the thread hijacked, it's just derailed. I realise the whole thread is a splinter from a retail thread hijack, so really this is getting a bit silly. However, lets *try* to keep it about Bulk Buys and not the ongoing Ross vs Darren fracas.

I would recommend anyone starting a Bulk Buy of hops starts a new thread. This is getting unweildy.

Cheers,
PoMo.

Stop posting price lists! We do have guys who own HBS on this forum, is it any wonder they would complain to wholesalers :angry: .

When the homebrewer realises the mark up by home brew shops off course he would rather be in a bulk buy. I think it is a bit over the top but it is their store after all.

And I too have spoken with Bintani and they are not prepared to sell to homebrewers.

C&B
TDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back