Capacity of stemmed beer glasses at Dan Murphys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earle

Choc wheat fiend
Reaction score
Recently broke the glass that I like to take to beer club for tastings. It was a stemmed tulip with a thick stem and the glass was not too thin. Sturdy enough for beer club except for what I did to it last time. Capacity was probably about 260ml.

Been looking around for a replacement and came across these but can't find any info on there capacity
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_714805/bar-station-craft-beer-glasses-4-pack
Does anyone have some of these and could tell me how much they hold?

Cheers

4910C4882E0ECD9795F66A76EB1FF59EC5848A.jpg

Yeah I have a set of these, they're deceptively large, holding over 400ml.

I use them for my home brew 330ml Flesenburger swingtops which is a perfect fill including a one finger head to the brim in fact I'm drinking from one as I type, so I guess theyre designed for the smaller bottles. I don't think they're 400ml

I'm also a fan of their big steins, love having a big glass of Russian Imperial stout, one glass usually does the trick

Maybe just rock in there Earle with a measuring jug in hand. I'm sure they won't mind. Might get a strange look though.

Put it on a kitchen scale

zero the scale

add water to the level you fill your brew to

the weight in grams is the volume in milliliters

Beersuit said:
Maybe just rock in there Earle with a measuring jug in hand. I'm sure they won't mind. Might get a strange look though.
Ha ha, for a minute I thought you meant turn up with a jug to do tastings.

Rod said:
Put it on a kitchen scale

zero the scale

add water to the level you fill your brew to

the weight in grams is the volume in milliliters
That sounds like a lot of equipment to take into the store but they might not mind. But if someone could do this for me at their home that would be great.

Yeah sorry, I meant 400ml of liquid. They are a perfect pour for 330ml bottles with some room for head.

I just zeroed one on my scales and filled with water, They are 375ml to the brim

TheBigD said:
I just zeroed one on my scales and filled with water, They are 375ml to the brim
Cheers for that. Probably a bit bigger than I'm looking for. If anyone's got any suggestions for a smaller but similar glass please let me know.

Dan's got the 3 bottles of Sierra Beers including a Spandau Ballet IPA glass for $25.00 pretty good value get in quick this Christmas Special might not last.

Edit: Another thread on this subject this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Tropical_Brews said:
Dan's got the 3 bottles of Sierra Beers including a Spandau Ballet IPA glass for $25.00 pretty good value get in quick this Christmas Special might not last.
That's Gold

Gold

Always believe in your soul

Tropical_Brews said:

Edit: Another thread on this subject this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.
True.

Why do i find it hard to write the next line?

It's one of those; if it needs to be explained, you won't get it.

Tropical_Brews said:
To each their own opinion. I'll shamelessly crosspost my thoughts from another forum:

Next to them was a Sierra Nevada Hop Lovers Gift Pack at $25 that contained the Pale Ale, Torpedo and Hop Hunter, as well as a Sierra Nevada logoed, Spiegelau IPA beer glass (capacity around 450 ml). From what could be seen, it was a nice looking glass, so what the heck.

Got it out at home, and while it is a good looking glass, I really wouldn't recommend anyone follow my footsteps. It doesn't give the impression it will last very long with an extremely thin lip (at a guess less than 0.3 ml). I've seen thicker razor blades! At least you won't have to worry about anyone putting it in the dishwasher, ‘cos it’s likely to dissolve.

So my suggestion is that if you want the Torpedo or the Hop Hunter, you're better off foregoing the glass, and for about the same price just buy the 6 pack of beer. Well, that wraps up the antiphile's Whinge of the Hour.

I have put mine in the top shelf off the dishwasher with no problems. While it is very thin, the glass itself is very high grade and quality. If it were thin and had flaws like lower grade glass I suspect the dishwasher would have dissolved it.

Back