Broke My Favourite Leffe Chalice Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interloper

Reaction score
On the weekend I smashed my favourite Leffe "chalice" glass.
:angry:

These were the ones that came in the promotional packs that were at Dan Murphy's in December last year. Came with 4 Leffe Blondes and a killer beer glass.

I only ever break glasses when I am stone cold sober and washing glasses or putting them away. The solution must be to never do the dishes again or at the very least never put them away!

I heard about that Leffe glass pack right here on the forum, so if anyone spots these at DM's again please post asap as I am gutted at the loss of my Belgian special glass.

I swear the Hoegaardens and Chimays and Leffes taste better out of this glass so I am way keen to replace it.

I've done a quick sweep of Wheel and Barrow and General Trader here in the city (Adelaide) and they have nothing even close.

that's sad. HWMBO broke one of his crystal pilsner tulips the other day, just banged it on the tap and that was that!

what about a white wine glass?
you could try David jones??

My local Dans has Hoegaarden white 4 pack with free glass.

Not the chalice type though just a hefty tumbler with a Hoegaarden emblem and a 250ml mark. Quite heavy duty though.

hmmmmm network down - they must be good. You've got me intrigued now...

Honestly theyre awesome!! I stumbled across it when I was looking for a Duvel glass, but they wont ship overseas :angry:

It was like being a kid in a candy shop, and being ripped out by your mum just as youre about to put a lolly in your mouth :(

that's sad. HWMBO broke one of his crystal pilsner tulips the other day, just banged it on the tap and that was that!

what about a white wine glass?
you could try David jones??

Have looked at the wine glasses with a big volume but they don't have the "hefty" feel of the chalice unfortunately.

Hey mate I've got one of the 330 glasses in stock, shoot me an email at [email protected] if you're interested - i'll give you a special AHB deal!

Hopefully they haven't been struck by the AHB Bulk Buy curse!

Yeah that's possible. I bet we all freaked out that Victorian company who had good glass deals last year...

"Where the hell did they all hear about us?"

One posting on AHB and you're set!

Picked one up on Saturday at my local Salvo store, $2!!!

Gotta love the salvo stores and all the other thrift stores, I always go into one when I go past. Great place to source glasses from.

Picked one up on Saturday at my local Salvo store, $2!!!

Gotta love the salvo stores and all the other thrift stores, I always go into one when I go past. Great place to source glasses from.

lowl, thats what my mother in law allways does for me, classic, shes brings home the best glasses with $1 price tags and the like.. :lol:

On the weekend I smashed my favourite Leffe "chalice" glass.
:angry:

These were the ones that came in the promotional packs that were at Dan Murphy's in December last year. Came with 4 Leffe Blondes and a killer beer glass.

I only ever break glasses when I am stone cold sober and washing glasses or putting them away. The solution must be to never do the dishes again or at the very least never put them away!

I heard about that Leffe glass pack right here on the forum, so if anyone spots these at DM's again please post asap as I am gutted at the loss of my Belgian special glass.

I swear the Hoegaardens and Chimays and Leffes taste better out of this glass so I am way keen to replace it.

I've done a quick sweep of Wheel and Barrow and General Trader here in the city (Adelaide) and they have nothing even close.

My wife smahsed mine while washing up!! She done the same to my 500mL Franziskaner Wheat glass and a host of others of lesser worth... Don't know why I keep her around, she is a liability!! :lol:

Hopefully they haven't been struck by the AHB Bulk Buy curse!

Damn, another dead kitten!! Who will remember his name!!

Bummer.

The Leffe glass is my only Belgian glass and I would miss it too.

I need another Belgian type so I keep going into OP shops in the hopes of getting another like it, but no luck so far (though I have managed to score a $3 Reidel wine glass)

Cheers
Andrew.

I would be uber pissed off if I managed to break mine, more so if the missus did it...

So far my Leffe Chalice is safe, as are my 2 LaTrappe goblets and my Hoegaarden "tumbler".... They have their own shelf in the freezer over summer.....And the wife now knows how to wash them and more importantly rinse them properly....

I had a Delirium ballon/goblet break a few years back. It came in a in a pack with 4 bottles Delirium Noel, but haven't ever seen anything like it since.
Man, they were good times...

I'm with the others though. OP shops are an excellent place to pick up chalice-like glasses. Picked up 6 brandy-goblet sort of glasses for $8 last time I went to one, nothing wrong with them at all.

1stChoice sometimes have the gift packs too ...

Back