Broke My Favourite Leffe Chalice Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out Vintage Cellars as well, that's where I have found all mine....

Often find them buried in the back of the coolroom if they didn't sell earlier.

Thats funny, we have about 10 cases of the glasses just hanging around upstairs. What a coincidence, cause i broke one of mine about a week and took a fresh one from work.

Percs of working there.

Not Leffe, but Vintage Cellars at Central Market had La Trappe four packs with glass going out cheap, under $20. Blond, Dubbel, Tripel and Quad, nice glass too. Maybe some packs left if you are lucky.

Not Leffe, but Vintage Cellars at Central Market had La Trappe four packs with glass going out cheap, under $20. Blond, Dubbel, Tripel and Quad, nice glass too. Maybe some packs left if you are lucky.

Nice one - is that the one off the central markets towards Coles? Kind of past the florist there?

Thats funny, we have about 10 cases of the glasses just hanging around upstairs. What a coincidence, cause i broke one of mine about a week and took a fresh one from work.

Percs of working there.

curse you! :p
It does make me think I should phone a couple of DM's in my area...

That eBay offer of two glasses for $25 (and no beer to go with them!) is a bit rich...

Yes it is. Post back if they still have the La Trappe packs please.

C&B
TDA

All gone... Just phoned them before walking over there... booooooo!
:angry:

Any other ones in the CBD I should try? Got a cruisy day today. I'm having lunch just near the Belgian Beer Cafe, so may have to pop in and console myself with an (overpriced!) Belgian brew...

Great glass, shame about the logo. :( Actually, I think they may have ripped off De Koninck's bolle, which to me would have a lot more cred. I got my Leffe glasses cheap from a Belgian supermarket or something like that from memory. I wonder if anyone exports? Failing that, throw yourself on the mercy of the Belgian Beer Cafe.

I was just at the local Vintage Cellars...Spotted somme La Trappe 4 packs (Blonde, dubbel, tripel, quad) with glass in the coolroom, got into a chat with the boss there and made a mention that I love the Leffe glass packs and asked if he had any more....

He returns from out the back with a Leffe glass for me, which he chucked in for free :D

End result, I now have 3 La Trappe and 2 Leffe glasses :D

glasses_002.JPG

Moral of the story is ask your local, you might not be so lucky, I'm moderately well known and know all the staff by name......

I lost one of my favourites recently. A Rothaus mug I picked up in the black forest! RIP

Great pilsner too - something magical about it

Quick Update:

For any South Aussies near the DM on Portrush road they have 40 Leffe glasses - well 38 now as I snapped up two! :D

I went to the St Peters DM and asked if they had any glasses/packs of the Leffe and a very helpful girl called "Jack" said no we don't but she rang Glen Osmond for me and they confirmed they had a stack of them so off I went.

They had little to no idea what the special deal was (Originally it was buy 4 Leffe Blondes and get a glass free).... They ummed and ahhhed and they told me they weren't for individual sale and they weren't exactly sure what they would be able to do for me...

I told them I would gladly 4 Leffe Blondes for 2 glasses (cheeky of me I know) and they agreed very quickly.
SCORE!

So if you are eager for a Leffe glass get on down to DM's on Portrush road and see if you can get 3 glasses for a sixpack!

Needless to say I will be quaffing a few Leffe Blondes this arvo on the public holiday - yippie for the Leffe Chalice Glass!

Good to hear it all ended well.....

I might have to swing via my local again soon and see if they have any more hiding out the back.

Back