Can I Bottle After Racking?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Pratt

Reaction score
Hi,

I brewed a draught over the past 2 weeks at 25 degrees and am about to bottle it......can i rack it to a cube and place that into the fridge for 20 days at 12 degrees and then bottle it? if i can do i just bottle it the same or do i need to raise the temp of the cube back to rrom temp then bottle??

Please advise.

I personally have bottled beer that was sitting in a cube in my keg fridge at 5deg, no adverse affects.

25* is a bit high for fermenting if you can drop to 2* after racking for a week then bottle and prime you may end up with a reasonable beer,frem temps 18-20* ales 10-12* largers, draught?most comercial are largers but draught usually means out of keg

The only problems I've had with bottling cold is having the bottle filling valve come off the hose or the hose come off the tap due to the hose being more rigid at the colder temperatures. Makes a hell of a mess.

Technically you may also have to account for more disolved CO2 at lower temperatures and adjust your priming rate accordingly, but I haven't personally noticed much difference.

Cheers,
Kris.

Latest posts

Back