Camping with kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops pic

1484036052043.jpg

Last time I took a keg out of the house it was admittedly April so no summer scorchers, I took the falsie out of my mash tun surrounded it in ice. Stayed cold through a party Friday night, gathering Saturday night, BBQ Sunday lunch, still had ice in it Monday morning.

7612-56-litre-insulated-mash-tun-with-stainless-steel-ball-valve-and-stainless-false-bottom.jpg

Bones99 said:
Even easier solution is a willow 60l garbage bin. Throw your keg/s in it, top with ice and away you go. Wrap it in space foil or a car windshield sun reflector to insulate better.
Exactly. If you want to do camping properly and share with mates, wheelie bins are the way to go.
2 x 20 Litre buckets, some expanding foam, a soda stream bottle, adapter and reg, some line and a couple of taps and everyone has a good time.

keger 2.jpg

keger1.jpg

I saw these on another brewing site. 5 gallon so could be made with a 20lt one i think. Heaps of other similar if y google it. Maybe wouldnt last a camping trip but easy to cart around.

1484122925416.jpg

1484122960893.jpg

1484122986623.jpg

1484123004503.jpg

nosco said:
I saw these on another brewing site. 5 gallon so could be made with a 20lt one i think. Heaps of other similar if y google it. Maybe wouldnt last a camping trip but easy to cart around.
so you need 2 or three of them, I don't see a problem. If you happen to go hiking just get the wife* and kids wheel em along!!

Right???

* Note I have 2 rather nasty ex-wives :huh:

Latest posts

Back