Camlock Type B connect to 1/2” ID silicone tube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#brewlife

Reaction score
So I bought a bunch of type b’s as I read somewhere the full bore is better for flow rate in and out of pumps (makes sense) and also that it’s easy to push the silicone tube into the thread as wouldn’t need clamps.
Well I’ve tried silicone hose from 2 different LHB shops and can’t get the feeling tube on. I’ve tried leaving the tube in booth water, heat gun, and still no success. Does anyone use type b’s directly into their hose? And if so how the hell did you get it on?

You'll need a hose barb as well, Type B is the threaded fitting, your hose won't stay on too well with just the thread
I believe this is what most people use for high flow
https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/elbarb.htm
If anyone’s interested you can get them in. Use a bit of olive oil on the end of the tube then squeeze the tube hard about an inch from the end and push it at a 45 degree angle while turning in the direction of the thread. Takes some elbow grease but they’re not coming off even if you try and cheaper than replacing.

Latest posts

Back