Calling All Proper Inner Sydney Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those sending me pms about joining I need an email address to send the invite to.

I'd absolutely love to meet up with any and all of ya. I'm surry hills so pretty inner city, and happy to travel anywhere to get some advice and meet people with the same interest. About to put on my first BIAB too so any advice would be great

To those that sent pms ill send out the invites when I get home tonight.

i keep meaning to join the isb but i mean it this time. it makes me sad thinking of all the great beer hidden in sheds that only the brewers are drinking. i want to taste some of it.

mattos01 doesnt mean a thing so long as you still want to come along.

Ok, cool, that confirms what I suspected that there is a fair bit of interest out there so I'll organise a venue for the inaugural ISB Inner Sydney Chapter meeting.

Eventually I will have an inner-west location for the new brewery that we will be able to use for a venue. I'll find something central in the mean time. I like Sam's suggestion, let's see if/when that works out.

How is a couple weeks out on Wednesday November 15th?

works for me mate!

i like the idea of bulk grain buys too newtown clown!

I'd be up for a general get together. Harts Harts Harts!

although I live out west I'd be very interested, WSB seem to be a very quiet bunch.

Sorry for the hijacking the thread, but for those in the west interested in coming along to Western Sydney Brewers meetings, check out our website:

Western Sydney Brewers

Join the forum, which is where we usually sort out where we're meeting next.

We meet at restaurants most months (generally Parramatta or Penrith) and have had at least 1 brew day a year. Any level brewer (even non brewer) is welcome.

Sorry for the hijacking the thread, but for those in the west interested in coming along to Western Sydney Brewers meetings, check out our website:

Western Sydney Brewers

Join the forum, which is where we usually sort out where we're meeting next.

We meet at restaurants most months (generally Parramatta or Penrith) and have had at least 1 brew day a year. Any level brewer (even non brewer) is welcome.

Ditto. We missed out on an October meeting due to a pretty packed beer calendar anyway last month. There will be a November meeting, check the website for details.

Keen as for this! Im always looking for prime opportunities to steal....ahem i mean gather information about other peoples beer brewing expertise!
Oh and if the meetings end up at a venue with shit hot brews, that would be tops.

Did this happen? Is there any life in the Inner Sydney Brewers because the only website I can find is about 6 years out of date!

there is life, currently meeting the first wed every month apart for the the extra meetings.
we took it to a google group about then to make it easier.

there sure is mate. as barls said, we meet first wednesday of every month, and bring along a few brews. try and bring 2-3 longies worth (or whatever you have) and there's often a theme (eg, single hop, saison, fifth ingredient etc) but any beer is welcome and the feedback and company are tops. we've been meeting near a members' office in martin place and the set up there is kegs, a big table, pizzas; it's a beer nerdathon. there are newer and experienced brewers who attend too.

Ah awesome, I'll drop barls an email re the mailing list.

Cheers!

NewtownClown said:
Count me in!
Wonder if Young Henry's would be conducive the use of their space for club meetings?
Then there are the local pubs that care about craft beer (eg The Union) that have at least one dead night per week...
My mate is the manager of the Botany View Hotel
"Mate". Ha, finally, the truth

Latest posts

Back