Calling All Englishmen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Proud Australian by adoption (and I have a reference # number to prove it and always stand for the anthem with my hand on my chest :) ) but of course all us slopes wogs and dagos still have an affection for the old country, and tonight I dissolved into unashamed tears and lump in the throat - big boulder actually - to hear that England's own National Anthem is now acknowledged internationally .

For the info of non Brits, the Welsh and Scots have long had their national songs and as they have gained more and more independence, we (and we ex) English have thought "what about us, why can't England have a National Anthem". For the last couple of decades the song . And now tonight at Delhi at the games, as English Gold Medal Winners have stepped up, they have played the song. And all two verses as well.

Give me my bow of burning gold, give me my arrows of desire...........

Day I'll remember

:icon_cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I've just been watching "This Is England 86" and reckon The Jam - English Rose would be better. Perhaps a bit sombre.

Cheap and cheerful non sombre version :icon_drunk:

And the e

Your still shit at cricket :p :lol:

The Jam - English Rose

Hmmm ... or is more resonant I reckon.

God, these songs remind me of things like the Miners' Strike, the Falkland's War and Margaret Thatcher (will she ever die?)

Back