Calibrating Fermenting Fridge Thermostat

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth ,

I turn the dial until I hear the click and the turn it back a bit and leave it an hour it goes to zero the thermostat range is 0C to 38 C .

Can I control it with the internal thermostat ??

Seth,Only after the click of the thermostat and then the fridge starts it will go down to Zero .
\otherwise the fridge wont cut in and out on its own ,
The external thremostat is not really controlling the onand off of the fridge it eems like it is doing what the fridge normally does just go down to the coldest point .
Pumpy

Thanks thunderlips I am beginning to think that the thermostat is not quite right , I annot stressing any more ,

I am not a tekky either I can copy things but not very inventive

Pumpy

Pumpy,
It sounds like the switch isn't turning off. at all. Correct?

Going back to basics - is the controller plugged in to the mains power and the fridge plugged into the controller?

Did the fridge work properly before the temp controller was added?
Was the fridge very cold and had to be set to middle calibration to keep things at the right temp?
Or was the fridge a new unit (to your house), and you have no knowledge of settings when used as a straight kitchen fridge?

If you set the fridge internal thermostat to mid range, then see if the controller works. If not, U could reasonably blame the controller.

I'd also try the controller at about 5 degrees below room temp, and see if the switch cuts out. when it reaches the target temp.

See how U go and report back.

Seth

Seth,

The controller is plugged into the power - check
Fridge worked Ok before controller added _check
Never noticed the"old' fridge being overly cold but ow I have a thermometer in the fridge always goes to zero .
I have set it on all settings in the internal thermostat and it always goes down to zero .

but I thought the external thermostat was controlling the temp.

It is a two pole switch on the thermostat I just changed the live to the other pole just in case one was for heating and the other was for cooling .

Will report back Thanks Seth for the councilling .

Pumpy

Bung ya ear up against the fridge , turn the thermostat to warmest while listening

Fridge does not shut down?

Thermostat is U/S

Batz

Batz I changes the live to the other pole on the thermostat and I have it sitting pretty on 12C so I will give it until tommorrow annd if there I will make my starter would that be Ok for an AG Vienna lager .

i have never made lager before just ales

How long before to make the starter before pitching Batz

Giddy up.
We have a winner.
Get on the vienna lager, and bung one in the fridge for me when they're ready. :lol:

Seth out :p

Thanks Seth funny how when you start going to basics how it makes you think more logically about problems Pumpy

I look at 3 days for a lager starter

Make mine up to 3 lt

Batz

Pumpy said:
funny how when you start going to basics how it makes you think more logically about problems
It's easy to get distracted by red herrings when ur in the middle of a problem.
It's usually best to start with "what has happened since it last worked", and start from there.
Glad that I helped to clear your mind, mate.

Seth

Thanks Seth and Batz ,I can commence brewing ,might take a sicky wednesday so I can get first batch in the reborn Fermenting fridge.

Why is life so full of ups and downs ? but when its down to home brewing there is always plenty of cyber brewers who will help you up from the downs .

Thanks again Guys Pumpy

Latest posts

Back