Cadel Celebration Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenlock

Reaction score
Given the impending Tour de France victory for Australian Cadel Evans, what is an appropriate brew to celebrate the occasion????

Something French, Australian or a beer to age and crack open on the first stage next year?

What about a Australian Dark Ale aged on French Oak chips?

he seems like the shandy type. low-carb, low alcohol, 1/3 gatorade.

When's the final day in Paris?
I reckon "Fall offya bike" mofo malt radla 8.5% yo y'all homie nigaz :icon_chickcheers:

5kg ale
80g caraaroma
1kg rice
1kg maize
1kg dex

Keg off with 2 bottles Bickfords lime and chill right down to avoid it fermenting out in the keg.

Wyeast 1056

18g Chinook whether it needs it or not

When's the final day in Paris?
I reckon "Fall offya bike" mofo malt radla 8.5% yo y'all homie nigaz :icon_chickcheers:

5kg ale
80g caraaroma
1kg rice
1kg maize
1kg dex

Keg off with 2 bottles Bickfords lime and chill right down to avoid it fermenting out in the keg.

Wyeast 1056

18g Chinook whether it needs it or not

Tonight's the night!!

Leaning towards the Radler.

She,ll be right "Export Light"
But what a bloody legend he is!!!!!!!!!
:icon_chickcheers:

My two loves are bikes and beers.

I used to live in the Alps and you'd be amazed how good a beer tastes after you've ridden up a mountain. Your head starts to spin in a very nice way after a few minutes.

So, as it's summer and holiday season over there, a nice lager or wheat beer would work for me.

Or you could argue that as Cadel has improved with age, an beer that ages well might be the go!

But what a bloody legend he is!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. How does one go from being a brilliant comedy actor to a Tour De France winner? It makes Lance look lightweight! :lol:

128990143139657394.jpg

Perhaps some sort of Aussie/French hybrid beer...like a Biere de Garde, or Saison, brewed with Aussie malts/hops and recultured Coopers yeast?

a sort of hoppy bier de garde with galaxy hops?

Bier de Mudgarde

He is a legend but he does seem to cry/whine alot and appears very bitter at some of his foes so perhaps:

1/3 grape juice
1/3 malty goodness
1/3 tears

bitter to 200 IBU............ :ph34r:

Just throw some lycra into your next beer hehehe. Not a mad cycling fan, but was impressed by his win. Good on him!

How about something australia..the race is french...and it was nice to see some ozzie shelia doing the anthem

Latest posts

Back