• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Buying And Selling Protocols

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we're losing sight that this is a beer forum, not a "goods for sale" forum. Yeah peeople sell stuff, but let's not start down the path of setting rules for sales and feedback, it's only going to end in tears. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm happy to make my own arrangements and take the risk if I think it's worth it.

I think reg was mainly looking for ideas on avenues for recourse, not to turn this into brewbay.com

Whats the first letter in his name? :lol:

might be screwed Reg. Assuming you only have his username its gonna be hard to do anything more than PM. Not sure what you could do with bank details. Hopefully it will sort itself out and not be someone doing a dodgy deal.

I agree with schooey, forget about setting rules and rely on some good old trust. If you enter into a deal, you do so at your own risk - buyer beware and all that.

I've bought privately via this site and I must admit I was pretty nervous until the item arrived (and worked!).

Feedback!??
It doesn't work on ebay, why would it work on here?

Well I know that the person has been on this site as recently as today and still has not replied to my emails.

Looks like I have been dudded out of my $100.....It shits you when some asshole rips you off.

If they dont email me and refuse to give my money back then I will name them on this site and warn you all to steer clear of the f*cker.

Well I know that the person has been on this site as recently as today and still has not replied to my emails.

Looks like I have been dudded out of my $100.....It shits you when some asshole rips you off.

If they dont email me and refuse to give my money back then I will name them on this site and warn you all to steer clear of the f*cker.

Thats fair.. I had the same thing about someone that was going to buy something from me, gave up heaps of time to arrange everything and PM them and all and couldnt even respond and say "Hey, not interested", they were just another "TWIG IN THE WIND" on the forum..

CB

!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

DO NOT PURCHASE GOODS FOR SALE FROM QUANTOCKS

I ENTERED INTO A TRANSACTION FOR $100 WORTH OF HOPS FROM HIM, TRANSFERRED THE MONEY INTO HIS ACCOUNT THAT HE RECIEVED AND THEN HE HAS FAILED TO DELIVER THE GOODS..

THE PAYMENT WAS MADE ON THE 23 JANUARY, AND I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY REPLIES TO MY EMAILS, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN ON THIS SITE MANY TIMES SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN SENT.

THE GUY IS A LOW LIFE WHO HAS RIPPED ME OFF $100 AND SHOULD CHANGE HIS USER NAME TO ANKLES

I HOPE YOUR NEXT 25 BREWS ARE INFECTED AND YOUR HOPS GO MOULDY

I personally wouldnt buy any gear from just any bloke on here, if i was very keen, i would prefer to see him put it on ebay or something, then he can send you the item number straight away and you could buy it now. Then you have the option for Paypal, which covers your arse.
Just a thought.

One thing`s for sure..... the offender either comes good with the goods or refund or plausible explanation, or doesn`t show his face here again.
No doubt this all happened, but it seems odd to see a pic. of him enjoying himself in Off Topic "off your face thread" so recently.
Blatant, makes me think there`s a ballsup somewhere.

stagga.

Hell
The only reason I didn't buy them was you beat me to it,lucky by the sounds of it.
I hope you can get it sorted out,non-replying to emails etc looks bad though.

Batz

ohhhh ahhhhh ahb drama.

sunbscribed. :ph34r:

Like hops through the postage system, so are the days of our lives.

Just a prelude for all the drama about to unfold...

Wow - from PM's I have had with the alleged, I find this really hard to believe. He's asked several times if I need IT assistance for free (doesnt sound like the words of a shylock). Let's hope the facts come out soon and the record is set straight.

Anyway, pulling up a stool and cracking a beer for this soap opera :)

EDIT: Thats a pretty hardcore post there, Reg, copnsidering if the goods were only ordered on the 23rd, and allowing times for them to be delivered to the original buyer, then redistributed to you. How many PM's did you send him out of interest?

Yea, sorry Citymorgue, my Shakespearian is a little stale - I rethought this myself and was about to edit, but noe you've exposed me (damn quote feature) I reckon it stays, as a lesson in universal infallability.

Yep, I hope Reg is completely and utterly sure he was stooged.

(doesnt sound like the words of a shylock).
A shylock? A money lender/loan shark/ collector? Jayse I expect better (or more accurate) insults from you.

Wow - from PM's I have had with the alleged, I find this really hard to believe. He's asked several times if I need IT assistance for free (doesnt sound like the words of a shylock). Let's hope the facts come out soon and the record is set straight.

Anyway, pulling up a stool and cracking a beer for this soap opera :)

Yeah I allways see Quantocks offering free IT assistance to people, hes regularly on here, like, allways... :huh:

Where is he to defend himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back