Burping The Keg.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matti

Swedes Bryggeri
Reaction score
I lagered my Bock for 2-3 weeks under pressure and forgot to burp the keg.
Least I think so, as I have no memory of doing so. blond yeah

Either way
Can such a small quantity of air /oxygen lead to diacetyl developing in the brew?

I haven't detected and real buttery note after 3 weeks but I get this slight slickness on the tongue after you swallow.
It is only noticeable if one is searching for it.

It is still a highly drinkable beer and I wonder if it going to get worse with time or of the oxygen left in keg has reach its maximum damage. :huh:
I mean is diacetyl a chain reaction or does it need more oxygen to get worse?
Sorry a lot of question within question and my brewing literature doesn't cover the this too well.
Ah well i'll peruse my New brewing lager beer again and see if I can find something. ;)

I lagered my Bock for 2-3 weeks under pressure and forgot to burp the keg.
Least I think so, as I have no memory of doing so. blond yeah

Either way
Can such a small quantity of air /oxygen lead to diacetyl developing in the brew?

I haven't detected and real buttery note after 3 weeks but I get this slight slickness on the tongue after you swallow.
It is only noticeable if one is searching for it.

It is still a highly drinkable beer and I wonder if it going to get worse with time or of the oxygen left in keg has reach its maximum damage. :huh:
I mean is diacetyl a chain reaction or does it need more oxygen to get worse?
Sorry a lot of question within question and my brewing literature doesn't cover the this too well.
Ah well i'll peruse my New brewing lager beer again and see if I can find something. ;)

Hey Matti,

Leaving oxygen in the keg would have been fine as long as you didn't splash it around. There should have been enough C02 coming out of the beer when it was racked to vent any oxygen out of the keg.

I dont think diacetyl is affected by oxygen and it should not be getting worse over time.

What yeast did you use? I have found some lager yeast take about 2 months to realy clean up and go from tasting OK to great

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back