Burners Need Licensed Installation?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_dazza27

Reaction score
I got an email back today from Auscrown that included the following:

"Please note the burners require installation by a licensed gas fitter and a Type B or 2nd Tier approval given prior to operation"

I've been looking at a few different burners for weeks now and never came across this information till now.

Has everyone else had to get there burners installed by a licensed gas fitter? If so, what exactly did they do? Doesn't seem like rocket science.

Also, what is a "Type B or 2nd Tier approval"?

I got an email back today from Auscrown that included the following:

"Please note the burners require installation by a licensed gas fitter and a Type B or 2nd Tier approval given prior to operation"

I've been looking at a few different burners for weeks now and never came across this information till now.

Has everyone else had to get there burners installed by a licensed gas fitter? If so, what exactly did they do? Doesn't seem like rocket science.

Also, what is a "Type B or 2nd Tier approval"?

Quite correct and your fridge-mate or temp-mate requires a licensed electrician, as does your home made stir-plate.
Both gas and electricity are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands, but a bit of common sense does go a long way ;)

Batz

I thought unlicenced people were fine to work on appliances? It was only fixed wiring that was illegal.

Happy to be corrected though.

rob.

^ I believe that varies from state to state...

So in other words just a disclaimer to cover them if something happens?

Latest posts

Back