Burn Yourself Less, Use Welding Gloves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So every extract brew I do I never learn that the can of group I've heated in water on the stove is HOT!
I always try to pick it up with what seems to be the thinnest bloody tea towle in existence and I burn myself and/or make a sticky mess.

Anyway I bad a brainwave why not use welding gloves... So I tried it and it works well. Now I only have to work out how to not make such a mess..... :lol:

Anyway just sharing.
Brewing Tip - Use Welding Gloves: http://youtu.be/59UypCjXto4

Ps: my appologes if everyone dose this already, I only just thought of it.

Yeah I don't bother boiling the can. I just needs to be heated a bit to pour easily. Just sit in the sink for 5 mins with hot water.

Welding gloves would only make me clumsier. Don't need any extra assistance in that department :p

As above. And just scrape the last bit out with a sanitized brew spoon. That last drop of extract is a waste of time even bothering to try and remove from the tin. Test your gravity with the last drop and hot water and without (just add the water to desired volume) and you will find no change in gravity.

Latest posts

Back