Bulk Sodium Percarbonate In Wa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is a spot left ill take one of whatever it is.

Heya,

could you please put me down for one.

Thanks Rob.

Sodium percarbonate is also used in Aquaculture ( big fish tanks ) to add oxygen to the water...

Just another bit of useless info that is unrelated to Brewing.... :p

But BBq fish and homebrew goes together rather well... :super:

Not wanting to be a pain but I would rather just purchase the straight stuff any chance?

No Probs AusDB - is 2 KG's OK - I wont mix yours and you can have 2 kgs of Soda ash aswell. Keeps it simple that way and I dont have any Soda Ash leftover :rolleyes:

Does anyone else want the straight stuff?

Looks like its a goer - leave this with me - I will try and get the goods before AusDB's brew day and make a special appearance as 'Bulk Buy Guy' - no promises - getting busy on the current project I am working on - Pumping 220 Tons of CO2 per day at 20 Bar - quite a lot of kegs could be carbonated with that lot i tell ya.

BTW AusDB - can you PM me with your details - like where the Brewday will be?

GL - If I cant make to AUSDB's brewday can I use your warehouse facilities again for pickups - I will probably do a direct deposit if thats OK with everyone.

Cheers

RM

RM,
Sorry I didn't get back in sooner. I'll take some of the straight stuff if its still available.
I should be at Ausdb's brewday and be able to fix you up there.
Let me know if that's cool.

Are you pushing black stuff out of holes in rocks with all that CO2?

Update

Sorry guys - despite my best attempts - I have been unable to pick up the stuff in time. I'm drowning at work and subsequently have had no time to do much else. Brewing has suffered most - need to get a few batches down for Xmas consumption.

Upshot is that there will be no 'Bulk Buy Guy' guest appearance at AusDB's brewday :(

I have the list of all those who expressed interest - what I hope to do is get the stuff over the next couple of weeks and contact everyone for a pickup during the Xmas swap (by PM)

Since a few of you have asked for just straight Sod Percarb - I wont do the mixing - but you will get Sodium Carbonate straight as well - keeps it simple that way and I dont get left with any Sodium Carbonate. You will get 2 containers - 1 of Sod Percarb - 1 of Sod Carbonate - mix them yourselves.

Cheers

RM

Your efforts are appreciated RM, but be careful. Guys that let work get in the way of brewing end up turning to drink. :D

Update # 2

Work Sux

No time to fart letalone organise this Bulk Buy B4 the case swap. I moved to WA to enjoy the outdoors - all I seem to do these days is stare at a bloody computer screen.

I will do it - next year - I promise.

I will however be at the swap - please abuse me and call me a sad git then - I will hopefully not be driving.

Cheers

RM

So how did this go, guys? Prices?

I'm keen to pick up a 25kg bag of Sodium Percarbonate (for myself primarily, but will help out others if they need it), and can probably get myself a great wholesale rate through the food service industry supplier I work for occasionally (industry/wholesale rates are always better!)

I have my hopes set high, after reading someone in Vic bought a bag for $60, so I'll see what comes up.

Ducatiboy mentioned that it takes a long time for Sodium Percarbonate to break down into Sodium Carbonate, is anyone able to verify/linky this? And possibly also explaining how it would increase the effectiveness in regards to cleaning hb gear? If so I'll probably go hunting for bulk Soda Ash too.

So how did this go, guys? Prices?

I'm keen to pick up a 25kg bag of Sodium Percarbonate (for myself primarily, but will help out others if they need it), and can probably get myself a great wholesale rate through the food service industry supplier I work for occasionally (industry/wholesale rates are always better!)

I have my hopes set high, after reading someone in Vic bought a bag for $60, so I'll see what comes up.

Ducatiboy mentioned that it takes a long time for Sodium Percarbonate to break down into Sodium Carbonate, is anyone able to verify/linky this? And possibly also explaining how it would increase the effectiveness in regards to cleaning hb gear? If so I'll probably go hunting for bulk Soda Ash too.

Go for it Brendanos

I have had no time to contemplate organising this and wont for at least another couple of months. (only managed to put down 1 brew in 3 months :angry: )

The best price I was quoted was about $200 for a 25KG bag - most people who were interested wanted soda ash - but seperately.

If you can get a bag for 60 bucks I think you have a bargain. I suggest at that price you would sell a few 5KG bags.

Good Luck

RM

Just registering my interest in a couple kilos :)

Similar - If you have an opportunity to get a good price on more than one bag... I'd like one too (Will split a whole bag with BigAl)

I'm keen,
I'll happily go for a 5kg bag if you can get it at that sort of price :)
Cheers
Doug

Nice one Brendanos
Registering my interest in grabbing 5 kilos(ish).
Cheers :beer:

I can't resist it - can I register my interest in a few KGs also Brendanos. Thanks.

The buyer is on holidays so hopefully someone else there can call Jasol and get a price for me, and not just presume I'm making drugs and call the cops to my house.

I couldn't bring myself to ask them to get me a price on Phosphoric Acid and LABSA aswell, I'll do that when they call back with a price on the Sod Percarb.

Latest posts

Back