Bulk Buy: Sodium Percarbonate, Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
Sodium Percarbonate is great for cleaning/soaking as per the info AHB Article here, I also think that many home-brew clubs have their own bulk-buys of this stuff once or twice a year.

Rather than using Coles-brand 'Napisan' which costs about $5/kg and is about 32% Sodium Percarbonate and 68% who-knows-what-else, I've sourced some pure Sodium Percarbonate.

Cost should be $4/kg and it comes in 25kg bags.
However, since 25kg will probably last me several life-times, I'd be happy to share/split it with others if anyone is interested.

To make it simple and easy I'll split it into batches of 2.5kg @ $10ea

I'm in Berwick, so you could pick it up from here mostly anytime, but if there is sufficent interest I'll arrange to a day to meet (most likely on a Saturday afternoon, maybe the 21st) somewhere closer to the city (along the Monash Freeway) at Chadstone or somewhere similar.

Please post a running list with your name and how many kg's you'd like (in multiples of 2.5kg).
There is no need to pre-pay or anything like that, just please only post if you are serious and/or let me know if you change your mind.

eg:
Wolfy, 5kg = $20
Person2, 2.5kg, $10
etc.

I hope a week or so is long enough for people to register interest and another week or so to buy/distribute it, so most likely it will be done before the end of the month. I'm happy with 5-10kg, so just a few people will be enough to make this happen, if there are more we need to end up in multiples of 25kg. I presume that I can't post the stuff so that means it would need to be Melbourne pickup only.

just out of curiosity, what would the mix be to dilute pure sodium percarbonate?

TC

To make it simple and easy I'll split it into batches of 2.5kg @ $10ea[/b]

Barry_r - 2.5Kg

Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg

Grain and grapes Oxyper (sodium percarbonate) packs say 7g/litre. which retails for $7.95/kg just for comparison

I presume that I can't post the stuff so that means it would need to be Melbourne pickup only.
Its an oxidizing agent and those are forbidden to be posted unfortunatly.
I wouldnt mind some of that pure stuff for that price!

I'll call the supplier tomorrow to confirm the availability and price, and most likely pick it up early next week.
Seems there is still a few kg up for grabs if anyone else needs some.

Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg
Mario 2.5kg
Haysie 2.5kg

We are neighbours Wolfy :beer:

Barry, would you like me too collect yours?

Hi all, perfect timing for me. All out of brewery cleaner. I'm in, Berwick pickup would be fine for me.

Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg
Mario 2.5kg
Haysie 2.5kg
James Squire 2.5kg

Cheers Wolfy,

JS.

Darn it - too slow!
Wolfie, I'll happily take any if you get leftovers.

Darn it - too slow!
Wolfie, I'll happily take any if you get leftovers.
If there is sufficient interest over the weekend, I'll pickup a second 25kg bag.
I'll leave it until Monday before going to pick it up and see what happens.

I'll kick the second bag into gear if it can happen?!?

Cocko: 2.5

No stress if not - just send me some of yours!! :p ;)

Great idea - thanks.

I'm in for that second bag too if its a goer.

Bag 1:
Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg
Mario 2.5kg
Haysie 2.5kg
James Squire 2.5kg

Maybe Baby Bag 2:
Cocko: 2.5
Breezy: 5.0kg

Cheers

Breezy

but if there is sufficent interest I'll arrange to a day to meet (most likely on a Saturday afternoon, maybe the 21st) somewhere closer to the city (along the Monash Freeway) at Chadstone or somewhere similar.

Are you going to put white powder in small bags and meet along the monash freeway to sell them for cash to people... hmmmmm.. Lets hope no cops go past :)

Seems that bag 1 still has 5Kg left to grab by my count.

Seems that bag 1 still has 5Kg left to grab by my count.

Mathematics. I love it. But I'm shit at it.

How about this then:

Bag 1:
Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg
Mario 2.5kg
Haysie 2.5kg
James Squire 2.5kg
Cocko: 2.5kg
Breezy: 2.5kg

Maybe Baby Bag 2:
Breezy: (Will opt for more if a second bag is going)

bugger it ill get some. ive onyl got starsan atm and thats too expensive to keep using to wash fermentors out all the time.

Bag 1:
Wolfy 5.0kg = $20 ???
Barry_r 2.5Kg
Maple 5.0Kg
Mario 2.5kg
Haysie 2.5kg
James Squire 2.5kg
Cocko: 2.5kg
Breezy: 2.5kg

Maybe Baby Bag 2:
Breezy: (Will opt for more if a second bag is going)
CM2: 5kg

Are you going to put white powder in small bags and meet along the monash freeway to sell them for cash to people... hmmmmm.. Lets hope no cops go past :)
LOL yes, thats exactly what I was thinking, but most likely it will be at the car-park just off the freeway at Wellington Rd, not sure if that makes it better or worse in that regard. :)

The 1st bag has been ordered (and paid for), I'll pick it up on Monday afternoon.
If the 2nd bag gets close to being filled (at least 20kg) by Monday, I'll order that also.

The supplier is Hucon in Bayswater and as per the info here: http://www.brewiki.org/CleaningAndSanitation most likely it's coated which means it will take a short while to disolve, but it stores much more easily.

Latest posts

Back