Bulk Buy 12" Pulley For Millmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks BYB - the pulley is perfect,

Finally got mine fired up the other day...Test run was very successful.

Just needs a proper keyway and it's done...

Thanks must also go to Browndog for the motor and Sully for orgainsing the gear guard.

My new baby:
View attachment 34249

PB

Will see if I can't find a small piece of keyway to send up. The cost is F.A Will hunt through the brew gear later today.

BYB

I had a .37kw motor at 910rpm with a 3" pulley delivered to my front door today by Fastway for $123. Delivered to the Barossa from an Adelaide based company.

BYB

I need one of those motors. Can you let me know where this is?

jeddog

$123 inc pulley delivered is a bargain compared to the price for this:

http://www.roycecross.com.au/product_list/...le&Variable[ProductCodeID]=S-37B6CREMX

at $204 inc GST.

Forgot to also mention the 3" pulley that was also included. Not sure if mine was a one off deal or not. If there are enough brewers after a motor they may be able to organise a bulk purchase. I found the bloke I dealt with at Royce to be very helpfull. I think I may still have my original invoice that may be of use to others chasing the same motor that I have. Will head out to the shed once the mercury in there drops below 50c.

Cheers BYB

IMGP2607.JPG

Nah you mentioned the 3" pulley, that's what made it such a good deal.

I must go and pull apart this:

20080930motor.jpg

20080930motorgears.jpg

and see whether the gearing can be removed and what size shaft it's got.

Pocket Beers ...

post_5028_1262177517_thumb.jpg

That looks like a very small pulley on the motor ... any problems with slipping?

Back Yard Brewer has a 3" pulley:

post_1793_1262223595_thumb.jpg

I'd like to have the smallest pulley I can on my motor to reduce the mill RPM ... thinking of a 1.5" one which will bring 920RPM down to 115RPM but have been warned the length of belt contact may be too small and cause problems especially with starting up.

Any comments on how your system is going would be appreciated.

ghhb :icon_cheers:

Pocket Beers ...

View attachment 34360

That looks like a very small pulley on the motor ... any problems with slipping?

View attachment 34359

I'd like to have the smallest pulley I can on my motor to reduce the mill RPM ... thinking of a 1.5" one which will bring 920RPM down to 115RPM but have been warned the length of belt contact may be too small and cause problems especially with starting up.

Exactly the problem I was warned about. In a previous post I think, my combination of pulleys reduced my RPM to around 200. Still acheive an average efficiency of 80%. I am happy with that.

BYB

Ghhb,
It's a 1 1/2 inch pulley. brings down the 1420 RPM to around 170ish RPM with the 12inch bulk buy pulley.

No issues with slipping or starting off the system once powered up....but have only cracked 15kgs of grain with it so far.

I did notice that it began to struggle a couple of times but that would be because it's only 1/8 HP. When I just slowly fed the hopper instead of filling it to the top, all went smoothly.

The motor is awesome as it was a giveaway! (thanks Browndog).

I may upgrade it later if I stumble across a more powerful one, but It's fine for now.

Cheers,

PB

Exactly the problem I was warned about. In a previous post I think, my combination of pulleys reduced my RPM to around 200. Still acheive an average efficiency of 80%. I am happy with that.

BYB

I'm using a 1.5 inch pulley on a 1/2 hp electric motor (with the 12 inch pulley) - works a treat.
Had to tighten the belt a bit initially - the belt was slipping with certain crystals, but after that it's all good.
Have crushed about 50kg of grain so far with no problems. Just fill up the hopper, sit back and relax!!!!

Back