Bulk Bottle Buy In Brisbane Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlow_coates

Reaction score
Hi to Brisbane homebrewers,

I am trying to source a large glass bottle wholesaler. I have recently switched to kegs and find I miss having a few bottles tucked away for ageing. Of course PET bottles aren't the best for long periods of ageing and so I have decided to stock up on quality glass bottles.

COSPAK at www.cospak.com.au at Acacia Ridge sell just what I am after only the minimum buy is 840 bottles :( and even I am shirking at that number.

The cost for 840 1L clear glass bottles with aluminium screw on lids is $480.74. About 59c per bottle.

I am only really interested in getting half this order.

If anyone is interested to take the other half please let me know and we can get the ball rolling.
I know this is a big order but will last forever :)

Cheers
Marlow Coates

I am trying to source a large glass bottle wholesaler. I have recently switched to kegs and find I miss having a few bottles tucked away for ageing. Of course PET bottles aren't the best for long periods of ageing and so I have decided to stock up on quality glass bottles.

COSPAK at www.cospak.com.au at Acacia Ridge sell just what I am after only the minimum buy is 840 bottles :( and even I am shirking at that number.

The cost for 840 1L clear glass bottles with aluminium screw on lids is $480.74. About 59c per bottle.

If anyone is interested to take the other half please let me know and we can get the ball rolling.

Cheers
Marlow Coates

I will pm you soon after i talk to a mate. I want about 30, but hes been wantnig some for ages so i might be able to get 100 off you.
will let u know asap.

Cheers
Marlow Coates

I'd be interested in 100 -150. Are they amber? I can't find any 1L ones on their website.

Edit... just saw clear.... might pass on these and just get some of the 650ml beer ones as they look like they accept a smaller order.

Regards,
Hoyle

Yes bottles are clear.

If you don't have a good dark storage area, or you like to leave your beers in the sun when drinking then light strike may be an issue. Not one that I am particularly worried about though.

Also I like being able to really see the beer prior to pouring.

They do have the amber ones on the website but don't have any in stock currently. :( Just spoke with them.

Yes bottles are clear.

If you don't have a good dark storage area, or you like to leave your beers in the sun when drinking then light strike may be an issue. Not one that I am particularly worried about though.

Also I like being able to really see the beer prior to pouring.

They do have the amber ones on the website but don't have any in stock currently. :( Just spoke with them.

how long until they are in stock?
I like the idea of 1litre bottles.

My mate might have an issue with the clear bottles tho.

have you considered this one :FJT14G
Description : 1 Litre ACQUA MINERALE C/SEAL GRN

crown seal

Yeah those are the ones they don't have in stock.

Didn't ask when next arriving though.

have you considered this one :FJT14G
Description : 1 Litre ACQUA MINERALE C/SEAL GRN

crown seal

I'd be interested in some if they have crown seals and are green/amber tinted.

Plasdene worked out to be too expensive and orders needed to be more that 500 bottles.
I think I will search and call around for another week or so then order the clear bottles if from COSPAK. If they have any ember ones in stock at that stage I will repost and we can sort an order from there.
Cheers for replies
Marlow

I looked at doing a bulk buy a while back. I was pointed in the direction of any place that holds wedding receptions...

More champers bottles than you can poke a stick at. Green glass, super thick too. Great long term storage.

Don't want to poo poo your idea but they are free!

Someones trying to give me 80-100 old crown seal bottles,I don't want them.

Batz

I will happily take them off your hands if they are tallies and otherwise destined for the bin Batz. :)

Are you in Brisbane?

I have thought about the post event champagne bottle clear up. Tried for ages to get in touch with the mob at Eagle Farm Race track so I could do a rounds after Ekka race day next week but to no avail.

Will try and call a few wedding venue mobs next week and give that a go.
Good idea and let me know if you want to offload those bottles.

Cheers
Marlow

Are those bottles pressure rated? I thought they were for wine?

Latest posts

Back