Building And Using Garden Sprayer Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GDay
got apressure sprayer Just wnadering if anyone else had a stong smell in theres will this jsut clean out with napisan
cheers
cameron

GDay
got apressure sprayer Just wnadering if anyone else had a stong smell in theres will this jsut clean out with napisan
cheers
cameron

Seriously, only you will be able to tell for sure. Make up a hot, strong napisan solution and leave it for a day or so, then give it a good rinse. I predict success, but...

for the small, start working on the project and just leave it sitting outside in the "sun" with same water on it and it should came up nicely.

thanks for the reply got it soaking now

those soda stram adptors where would be the best place to get on them cheap

there about $23 from keg king or ebay I think.

too easy bloke thanks for that im jsut trying to to decide weather to go soda stream or gas botte

The beauty of the spraker keg is that it's so simple and compact. I reckon carting a soda stream cylinder around with it defeats the purpose a little. I'd go with a soda bulb charger. You can get soda bulb regs but they're frickin expensive.

The beauty of the spraker keg is that it's so simple and compact. I reckon carting a soda stream cylinder around with it defeats the purpose a little. I'd go with a soda bulb charger. You can get soda bulb regs but they're frickin expensive.

If you go SodaStream, all you need to move to *cough* 'proper' kegging *cough* is a *cough* 'proper' keg *cough*. So, there is no wasted equipment. I don't consider the SodaStream stuff too much extra stuff to carry about if I've got 8-10kg beer, etc...

What I don't get is why you need co2 at all?

It's small enough to drink in one sitting :chug: and you can just use the in built pump thing to pressurise it so the beer comes out your tap!

Oxygenation shouldn't be a problem in one sitting I don't think.

It's small enough to drink in one sitting :chug: and you can just use the in built pump thing to pressurise it so the beer comes out your tap!

Oxygenation shouldn't be a problem in one sitting I don't think.

I may have mentioned this before but can't be bothered wading through n posts, but back in the seventies I had a keg that was briefly popular round the LHBS circuit. It held three gallons (in those days), aluminium with a barrel shape and a built in plunger pump on the top, and a nice swan neck pipe rising up from the top. Looked like this if you can imagine a little hand pump on one side of the top and a swan neck tap rising out of the middle.
keg_flounder.PNG
Long gone, but the point is that I could keep it in my beer fridge or take it round to a mates and just use air pressure and never had problems with off flavours, even after a week. Should be ok for a party or even an whole weekend as long as you keep it cold and pressurised to keep the beer's dissolved CO2 in solution.

Because you want to.

Occasionally (admittedly only very, but still), I will make a small batch of something and keg it into one of these things to drink over a period of weeks or whatever. Sits on the compressor hump in the kegerator (or on its side in the kitchen fridge). So, treating it like a proper keg works for me.

I had a couple of party kegs before I got my 'real' kegs, so I was able to learn stuff before committing a whole batch of my swill to a keg.

Because you want to.

Occasionally (admittedly only very, but still), I will make a small batch of something and keg it into one of these things to drink over a period of weeks or whatever. Sits on the compressor hump in the kegerator (or on its side in the kitchen fridge). So, treating it like a proper keg works for me.

I had a couple of party kegs before I got my 'real' kegs, so I was able to learn stuff before committing a whole batch of my swill to a keg.

Fair enough mate, but I reckon there'd be a hell of a lot of people going to the effort of co2 when they don't need to for 'party keg' reasons.

Small keg reasons I agree 100% they'd be very handy and I may do that at some point.

GDay
cheers
cameron

Mine seemed fine UNTIL I cleaned it (Bleach or PBW I can't remember) where the black sealing washer around the top developed an incredibly bad butyl rubber smell.
It was so bad you could smell it on your hands hours afterwards and took 2 days soaking to get it out of the tank.
I cut a silicone washer out of bakeware which was a PITA but worked better than the original.

FWIW I got a small brass adaptor turned that threads directly into the chopping board top plate then fitted a standard ball lock gas post onto to it.
I already had a keg charger so this option looked better than mucking around with car valves etc.
Now after purging with CO2 I just fill it directly through the disconnect post with a keg transfer hose (liquid out to gas in hose) and it stays a closed system & fully carbed.
A 'picnic tap' went straight into the end of the sprayer's original black hose without problems but sometimes can be a bit short.

This is all covered in the "using your party keg" pdf on page 1
Fair enough mate, but I reckon there'd be a hell of a lot of people going to the effort of co2 when they don't need to for 'party keg' reasons.

Small keg reasons I agree 100% they'd be very handy and I may do that at some point.

well this little project s at a stand still as local home brew store wanted to question what I was doing and try to sell me one of his kegs long convo running round in circles till I said to home look at the parts tell me if a price if ot I will get em elsewhere

OK Ive built my sprayer keg, using a 6L Hills Garden Sprayer... so far so good except for one part!

PartyKeg003a.jpg

Where can I find a tyre valve filler attachment that fit's OD line from? (circled in red) Ive looked at SupercheapAuto, Kmart, ebay and a bike shop, no luck! They all only sell pumps etc with a hose already fastened to the filler.

Cheers

Sorry, cant help there then, I just got mine from super cheap auto... Think it only cost 4 or 5 bucks. Pretty sure I've seen them in kmart too.... But haven't looked for a while so they might not be there anymore.

Anyone?

as it looks like you've got an adaptor already just get a short length of nylon air hose that will fit the adaptor then get a JG type straight adaptor that will suit both hoses,if you go to an industrial air tool supplier eg: blackwoods/total tools or even a truck spares supplier you will get what you need

OK Ive built my sprayer keg, using a 6L Hills Garden Sprayer... so far so good except for one part!
Cheers

How about a simple in line ball valve and tube without the disconnect fitting similar to my 'basterdised' version a few posts back?

Ive got a charger with the quick disconnect. Anyway I can fit a corney disconnect the the sprayer???

Latest posts

Back