Brooklyn Brown Ale.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty close to the style to me. Makes me wish I had something dark on tap at the moment!

In Beersmith when you're in the 'My Recipes' view, you should be able to select how the recipe is reported (default is recipe, other options are brew steps, process, plain text etc). I usually just copy the contents of the plain text view.

Lindsay Dive said:
Here is a photograph of the Brooklyn Brown Ale, as I said it's probably a tad too dark for the style.

Now, can anyone explain to me how to extract the recipe from Beersmith so I can put that up here as well. I am very new to Beersmith as I have been a ProMash user for many years, however, the ProMash data base has something which is very common to the recipe data base right here......ancient.
Looking good

For me, the simplest way to post a Beersmith recipe in a thread is to take a screenshot and post it as an image

Mate, I've look at that bloody screen since you posted I can't find what you're explaining.

Blind Dog said:
Looking good

For me, the simplest way to post a Beersmith recipe in a thread is to take a screenshot and post it as an image
Okay, Divey is now changing from desktop to iPad............

Blind Dog said:
I keep a text-only copy of every recipe.
It's pretty easy to cut & Paste (although there's formatting issues where columns don't line up).
Click on a recipe (without double clicking, thus not opening it in a new tab). Then there's a drop-down menu towards the bottom of the window that lets you choose report type. Select Plain Text. Then copy and paste from there.

Well, I got help from a mate to do a screen shot only to find out the the ingredients list is too long and you can see the entire list.

Had a look at what kaiserben, can't find the drop down box............getting shits, and, my pub opens in 3 minutes time.

Samuel Adams said:
Brooklyn Brown is a great beer I might have to have a crack at one of these myself.

Some key info from the official website I see;
Malts: British 2-row, Belgian Aromatic, American Roasted Malts (A blend of six malts, some of them roasted)
Hops: Willamette, Fuggle, Cascade IBUs: 30

I'd guess chocolate & crystal are in it but not sure what else.

I found this one which he claims is pretty close.
It seems they've updated their website with a bit more detail on the malt & new hops
I copied the above info from the link in the original post now you'll see it's different.

Style: American Brown Ale
Malts: 2-row, Belgian Aromatic, Crisp, Carafoam, Roasted Barley, Crisp Chocolate malt
Hops: Challenger, Aurora, Willamette
Alcohol by Volume: 5.6%
IBUs: 30
Original Gravity: 14.8° Plato

4.30 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (Thomas Fawcett) (5.9 EBC) Grain 2 76.3 %
0.30 kg Wheat (BestMälz) (4.0 EBC) Grain 3 5.3 %
0.25 kg Caramel Pils (BestMälz) (5.0 EBC) Grain 4 4.4 %
0.25 kg Chocolate Malt (Muntons) (837.3 EBC) Grain 5 4.4 %
0.25 kg Crystal, Medium (Simpsons) (108.3 EBC) Grain 6 4.4 %
0.15 kg Crystal (Joe White) (141.8 EBC) Grain 7 2.7 %
0.14 kg Biscuit Malt (45.3 EBC) Grain 8 2.4 %
25.00 g Northern Brewer [9.80 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 9 23.9 IBUs
8.00 g Cascade [6.80 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 10 2.6 IBUs
8.00 g Willamette [3.90 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 11 1.5 IBUs
15.00 g Willamette [3.90 %] - Boil 2.0 min Hop 14 0.5 IBUs
8.00 g Cascade [6.80 %] - Boil 2.0 min Hop 15 0.4 IBUs
0.50 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 12 -
0.25 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 mins) Other 13 -
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml]

This is the best I can do for now.

There are two different crystal malts in there because I did not have enough and had to borrow some.

Latest posts

Back