Broo Beer Franchises

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God I could use an ice cold Broo after all of this whaffle...

Tis a thoroughly amusing concept though.

Anyone like to buy a few shares in a company I want to start up? It's a paper production company to compete with the internet and hand held multimedia, which I think is on the decline...
tumblr_m7hk8tQg4m1r4l78jo2_500.jpg

When you buy a slab of XXXX you keep the brewery staff, forklift drivers, truck drivers, barley farmers, hop farmers, maltsters, etc employed. The actual amount of money that goes overseas is probably minor compared to the economic activity and employment generated at Milton.

+1, Well said Bribie G.

On a standard slab of beer about $20 also goes to the ATO excise and about $4-6 in GST too no matter if you purchase a "foreign owned" or "locally owned" product.

Well I have to admire that the man behind Broo wants to stand up, but I can't help but feel his response is all smoke and mirrors.

I welcome clear, concise information on the franchise oppertunities and outcomes. Without all the extra smoke.

I welcome clear, concise information on the franchise oppertunities and outcomes. Without all the extra smoke.

Working in a bank (yes, I know, but I need a way to support my (brewing) habit), I have looked at a lot of franchises over the years.
More than happy to sign an NDA to review the information provided to prospective franchisees, as well as the franchise deed and disclosure document, to give some clear views on the franchise as a purchase...
Over to you, Broo.

Isn't broo 100% Australian owned? I'd rather pay the higher price to keep my money in Australia. i could keep going but hate replying on the mobile.

My 2c.

If everybody had this attitude, it would kill off international trade.

Plus there's no shortage of money in Australia. I would rather drink Ethiopian beer and help those poor buggers out - if only they brewed a tasty drop and sold it at Dans. :lol:

Fucken Nectar, that goatherder told me, but not yet at Dan's. B)

ethiopian_stout.jpg

I guess that Broo have declined my offer to look over their stuff... If it was me, I'd expect them to have confidence that their numbers stack up to independent review...

i think that when they were told they werent the first to have a real crack at it since the 80 they decided to disappear.

How hands on are you in the process, does Broo Beer get made in your brewery, or is it contract brewed by factory workers following instructions?

It's brewed under contract. In the same brewery that produces Froffy lager.

Yeah, I've heard of froffy lager either. Looks like they launched around 12 months ago, though their website is no longer existent, their facebook site has no likes and the launch video from the "managing director" was self-filmed on a mobile phone.

- Oh, and if you buy a "slab" of froffy, you too can become a shareholder of the company!

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately, this is a craft beer forum, where we make beers that equal if not exceed the quality & satisfying aspect of the world's most esteemed breweries.

As Jay Cee said, this is a forum for Craft Brewers, whose purpose is to make the best quality beer possible. Your purpose, in 'having a crack at the mainstream market', is to make large amounts of money. Why would you expect us to support you in this venture when your sole product is totally unappealing to us dedicated brewers?

I find it hard to believe that any beer lover with even a hint of passion could come up with a product as insipid as Broo. There's just no way possible that at the end of the day your (contract?) brewers stand back & think to themselves how proud they are to have churned out another mega-batch of mega-swill for the masses.

I'm not even going to start on your actual franchise model, as i imagine that anyone crazy enough to give you any money probably deserves to have it taken from them.

With regards to 'retaining the ethics of the craft beer industry', i actually find that personally insulting that you would say that on this forum. Here's a quick rundown on what you don't know about craft beer ethics (apologies to Tim Webb/Dan Shelton)

1, Ingredients- do you use the BEST ingredients, or the cheapest most 'economical' stuff to keep costs down? I think i know the answer to that one.
2, Methods & equipment- a brewing company's intent is usually laid bare by it's brewing methods & equipment. Does Broo actually own any brewing equipment, or do others make it for you? Are your brewing methods designed to make the absolute best quality beer possible, or to churn out swill as fast & cheap as possible?
3, The Brewers spirit- in this case Broo exists purely to try and take market share from the 'big brewers'. The beer doesn't have a distinct personality. It doesn't make a strong statement. You can't tell it apart from other beers of the same type. It's as if it's a machine designed/machine made beer. There's no reason why it exists (apart from trying to make someone some money), & gives no-one any reason to buy a single beer, let alone a franchise.
4, The company structure- are the people who market the broo brand connected to the people who have created the beer? It should be the brewer whose vision is expressed in the nature and quality of the beer, not the marketing people that have determined the direction of the brewing/beer.
5, Control. The term 'Craft' must include some component of technical proficiency. Brewers must be able to achieve beers that are true to their vision. In this case, being true to your vision of producing a single beer that makes lots of money & being as tasteless & inoffensive as possible doesn't count.

lol

I would have thought making a beer that compares and competes to the biggest market in your market base would be a good business model.

Mikk i hope your following your 5 rules of craftbrewing at home since your a craft brewer.... :lol:

funny stuff

I might take a stubby to the PUBS meeting tomorrow night and do a blind tasting against VB.

Latest posts

Back