British Ales Competition (vic) 2010 - May 16

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mate... all seemed to go pretty smoothly and the website that AndyD built worked pretty well. The comp was useful for helping to iron out any tweaks required for it, so it should be even better next time around.

yeah it seemed quite smooth. Great pickup with the barcode scanner by Andy too! :icon_chickcheers:

Who went? Good day? Report, pics?
Here are some photos I took.

The venue:
bac_venue.jpg

Entries:
bac_entries.jpg

Category 1 Judges/table:
bac_cat1.jpg

Category 2 Judges/table:
bac_cat2.jpg

Category 3 Judges/table:
bac_cat3.jpg

And some of the other helpers enjoying a beer/chat while the judges are hard at work.
bac_outside.jpg

Only thing missing is Andy working on his laptop and some of the other organizers who were inside.

well done guys.

I will have to keep my eye's open, and brew schedule in line (as I just kegged an ESB that tasted nice in the fermenter (hopefully kegging won't kill the flavour :) )) for same comps to get same feedback :icon_vomit:

Looks like you had a good time on the day !

And I'll vouch for Andy being busy... >I was the guy with the kids having a plate of cheese and a pint of Holgate IPA... oh it was a tough day !< :p

Great work on the organisation and co-ordination of the event Brendo! Was a faultless day! (ignoring AndyD's Data entry!) :lol:

Turned out to be my abilty to trace a straight line across a table.

Thanks to everyone who turned up on the day, both to enjoy the day and also to those who helped steward, judge aand help make things run smoothly.

Andy

Anyone else having trouble getting results off the "compmaster" website? I can see my scores, but there's no summary of the competition's results.

Anyone else having trouble getting results off the "compmaster" website? I can see my scores, but there's no summary of the competition's results.

I'm just getting a blank page and error message.

...and besides i didn't win, and it was my 6th brew and my third all-grain and it tastes like heaven. I mean, what's going on! :unsure:

Seriously - looking forward to getting objective feedback, actually. That's why i entered. :icon_cheers:

Hey guys,

The results pages aren't finished yet (as Brenda pointed out...). I hope to lock down these tonight (as well as figure out why you can see part of the site I haven't "switched on" yet... I will probably put the site into maintenance mode until I'm done.

Cheers ,

Andy

Oops... got to love predictive text input. Sorry Brendan.

Now that we have the correct spelling of my name sorted out... let's get onto more important news.

Summary and full results are now available from the competition site http://www.compmaster.com.au, along with your scoresheets that you can download by logging in with your registered details.

Now that the site is up and running and we are no longer relying on Andyd's excel skills :ph34r: it has come to light that the previously published standings for Category 3 - Strong Ales was incorrect.

The correct standings are as follows:

1st : John Kingston, Strong Scotch Ale, 106 points
2nd : Linton Young, Old Ale, 99.5 points
3rd : Robin Brown, Strong Scotch Ale, 92.5 points

Thanks again to all who entered, helped out or turned up on the day. We hope to see you all again next year.

Cheers,

Brendan

A first place in the ESB would beat the pants off a placing of 4 entries cat3 anyday Brendan. Well Done!

Will these results and Beerfest 2010 results be published on the Vicbrew website?

edit.. Great pic`s Wolf.

A first place in the ESB would beat the pants off a placing of 4 entries cat3 anyday Brendan. Well Done!

Will these results and Beerfest 2010 results be published on the Vicbrew website?

edit.. Great pic`s Wolf.

thanks Haysie - if I can only have one then I've got the one I wanted :D

Latest posts

Back