Brisbane Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink, damm it, BLINK!

:ph34r:

Would do it in a heartbeat if I actually lived in Brisbane and could be reasonably certain about being there on pick up day.

Whoo weel bee the crazy gringo who bleenks first?

Goomba

I think the job would be perfect for an accountant ;) ;)

No honestly, no skills required besides the fabulous spreadsheet, a bank account and about 1 hour of your time in total if done properly.

EDIT:

Here is the first post of a buy I organised recently. Feel free to edit and use as a starting point if you're stuck:

It's time for another quick grain buy.

I really want this to be done and dusted asap, so we can pick up our grains on Saturday 6th of August, which then still leaves time for a last minute QABC brew.

Please read the following before you add your name to the list below:

- this is a quick turnaround buy, so please order, confirm and pay on time.
- first in best dressed, no complains
- 1 pallet only, 36 sacks, no more no less
- prices are here
- total freight cost is divided by 36 and then added on top of each bag, so be aware of the extra cost when ordering
- The aim is to have all orders confirmed and payment instructions sent out by the end of this week
- All payments due in my account by 29th July
- Pickup will be on 6th of August from 9 to 1 at Craftbrewer
- I can pick up a few extra sacks (around 4) for later collection if necessary
- No splits. If you don't want full sacks, then don't put your name down. What you arrange with others via pm and outside Craftbrewer premises is your own business.

I think the job would be perfect for an accountant ;) ;)

An accountant that doesn't have 3 kids and SWMBO currently with the worst PMS known to humanity. :lol:

Worst thing is, in 10 years, I'll have 4 of them all in sync. :angry:

No wonder I brew, hey?

Slightly OT - but loved your FlyPA - I realise now why I liked it - it contains all the hops I have in my freezer and tastes a tad similar to my current APA. Well done - love seeing good home brew seen as a craft.

Goomba

Would do it in a heartbeat if I actually lived in Brisbane and could be reasonably certain about being there on pick up day.

I have no idea how to use Excel but have successfully supervised\distributed BB collections in the past. Perhaps a partnership as a last resort Ralph?
I am a big fan of split sacks (halves only) & if it's not possible to split at CraftBrewer then the BP service station up the road might suffice? All you need is a cutter, a bucket & somewhere to hang the hanging scales.

TP

No worries Pete, will do- happy to oblige! :icon_cheers:

I sense they're not a fan of splitting up bags at the store, but if an alternate arrangement can be made then that's fine. However, for this BB, I'd be suggesting the ordering be of whole sacks, work out any splitting up between yourselves, in the thread would be OK though.

Will start a new thread when approved. :icon_chickcheers:

I have no idea how to use Excel but have successfully supervised\distributed BB collections in the past. Perhaps a partnership as a last resort Ralph?
I am a big fan of split sacks (halves only) & if it's not possible to split at CraftBrewer then the BP service station up the road might suffice? All you need is a cutter, a bucket & somewhere to hang the hanging scales.

TP

No worries Pete, will do- happy to oblige! :icon_cheers:

I sense they're not a fan of splitting up bags at the store, but if an alternate arrangement can be made then that's fine. However, for this BB, I'd be suggesting the ordering be of whole sacks, work out any splitting up between yourselves, in the thread would be OK though.

Will start a new thread when approved. :icon_chickcheers:

Put me down for 3 maybe 4 sacks once it's up and running Ralph. I am happy to help out with the spreadsheet but I will not be able to help with pick up. This time of year the saturdays are mental.

Cheers

2 or 3 :icon_cheers: .

Just waiting for starters orders, I'll send a reminder...

I doubt we'll have long to wait before a pallet is subscribed, I'd guess that two may even be a distinct possibility.

I'll put dibs on two sacks myself, plus two for a friend.

Keep placing orders here, they will get added. Just finalising the details before formally opening the BB. Two pallets are looking quite likely. :icon_cheers:

If its on i'd like to grab a bag each of BB pale, BB ale and weyermann munich I. Been watching this thread with keen interest, thanks guys.

Do I really need any more grain..? I certainly don't see why not ;-)

I'd take a sack of Golden Promise...

Back