Brisbane Bulk Buy - Any Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squire, Hi, hope I'm not too late, please put me down for 1x Marris otter, and 1x Weyermann pils, (added below).

Thanks heaps to you, microbe, Ross, and everyone else with the gumption to get this off the ground.

winkle - 1 x Maris Otter, 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Pils
Troydo - 1/2 munich (split with mossy), 1/2 vienna (split with bonj)
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich, 1/2 Wey Pilsner, 1/2 Wey Wheat & 1/2 BB Ale
Hockadays - 1 Wey Pils, 1 Maris Otter, 1/2 Wey Wheat (Mossys)
TidalPete --- 2 x BB Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pils, 1 x Weyermann Munich 1.
Screwtop: 1 x 40kg BB pale 1 x Wey Pils 1/2 x Munich (splitting with Batz)
Browndog: 3 x 25kg BB ale
Bonj: 1/2 vienna, 1/4 munich
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
kram: 1 Pale Pils Malt 40kg, 2 BB Ale, 1 Maris Otter, 1 BB Wheat, 1/2 Munich I
Stillscottish: 1 x BB Wheat, 1 (20Kg) x BB Pale
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II
Bindi : 1x 40kg BB pale, 1 x wey pils, 1/2 x munich
Bulp :25 kg BB Pale (40kg bag split with Incider)
InCider: 1/25kg BB Pale (split with Bulp)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Jim Botla: 3 BB pale, 1/2 munich 1
GT: 1 x BB Ale (40kg)
glen: 1 Wey pils
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.
Lonte: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter
jlm: 1 Marris Otter, 1/2 Munich I split with Kram, 1/4 Carared and Melanoidin
Paul H: 1 * Wey Pils, 1 * BB Ale
lefty2446: 1x Wey Pils, 1x BB Ale. 1/4 Munich II 1/2 Smoked
Frog-inasock: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter

Cheers,
Lyndon.

I'm not drinking out of the fermenter anymore! :ph34r:

You got it bad mate :lol:

Back on the PC Sean, shhhh!

Bindi phoned me, he is going away and will not have access to AHB. He asked me to ensure he gets a half sack of Munich and a half sack of Vienna in his order.

Sorry to bend the rules Brucey, but I did tell him I would make sure he got it.

Bank tx is ok here.

Screwy

winkle - 1 x Maris Otter, 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Pils
Troydo - 1/2 munich (split with mossy), 1/2 vienna (split with bonj)
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich, 1/2 Wey Pilsner, 1/2 Wey Wheat & 1/2 BB Ale
Hockadays - 1 Wey Pils, 1 Maris Otter, 1/2 Wey Wheat (Mossys)
TidalPete --- 2 x BB Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pils, 1 x Weyermann Munich 1.
Screwtop: 1 x 40kg BB pale 1 x Wey Pils 1/2 x Munich (splitting with Batz)
Browndog: 3 x 25kg BB ale
Bonj: 1/2 vienna, 1/4 munich
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
kram: 1 Pale Pils Malt 40kg, 2 BB Ale, 1 Maris Otter, 1 BB Wheat, 1/2 Munich I
Stillscottish: 1 x BB Wheat, 1 (20Kg) x BB Pale
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II
Bindi : 1x 40kg BB pale, 1 x wey pils, 1/2 x munich, 1/2 Vienna
Bulp :25 kg BB Pale (40kg bag split with Incider)
InCider: 1/25kg BB Pale (split with Bulp)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Jim Botla: 3 BB pale, 1/2 munich 1
GT: 1 x BB Ale (40kg)
glen: 1 Wey pils
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.
Lonte: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter
jlm: 1 Marris Otter, 1/2 Munich I split with Kram, 1/4 Carared and Melanoidin
Paul H: 1 * Wey Pils, 1 * BB Ale
lefty2446: 1x Wey Pils, 1x BB Ale. 1/4 Munich II 1/2 Smoked

ok, i have just updated the List and the following Grains are left over...

Pale (Pilsner) (40KG)0.5Ale 0.5Crystal pale - - 0.75Chocolate (pale) 0.75Pilsner 0.5Vienna0.5Munich I 0.5Munich II 0.75Melaniodin 0.5Carared 0.25Caraaroma 0.75Wheat (Chocolate) 0.75
Unfortunatly there is 182.5kgs of splits there, and by my calculatios we only have 102.5 kg's left before we fill the 2nd pallet.
And i dont think Ross wants to have to put 850kgs on to fill the last pallet.
So any of these that show a .75 may have to have the corresponding 0.25 cancelled.

Find a friend boys, any .25's that arn't in a group may have to be axed.

Latest snapshot.. View attachment bulk_buy_snapshot.xls check it.
Sqyre.. ;)

P.s Frog-inasock, you have been added
and Screwy, i guess i can trust you. (but just this one.)
And don't bother trying Sean cause i dont trust you at all. :p

ok, i have just updated the List and the following Grains are left over...

Pale (Pilsner) (40KG)0.5Ale 0.5Crystal pale - - 0.75Chocolate (pale) 0.75Pilsner 0.5Vienna0.5Munich I 0.5Munich II 0.75Melaniodin 0.5Carared 0.25Caraaroma 0.75Wheat (Chocolate) 0.75
Unfortunatly there is 182.5kgs of splits there, and by my calculatios we only have 102.5 kg's left before we fill the 2nd pallet.
And i dont think Ross wants to have to put 850kgs on to fill the last pallet.
So any of these that show a .75 may have to have the corresponding 0.25 cancelled.

Find a friend boys, any .25's that arn't in a group may have to be axed.

Latest snapshot.. View attachment 19088 check it.
Sqyre.. ;)

P.s Frog-inasock, you have been added
and Screwy, i guess i can trust you. (but just this one.)
And don't bother trying Sean cause i dont trust you at all. :p

Brucie PM sent, I've put my hand up for the .5 vienna, .5 munich1 and the .75 pilsener if it is a 20kg bag.

cheers

Browndog

I will be collecting my grain from Rossco's on the first available day so I can drop off 6 or 7 empty sacks for the splits if needed? It's early days yet but just let me know in time.

Empty sacks in short supply at Carbrook Brewery????? :p

TP :beer:

Updated Tony ;) ,
At this stage it looks like the following splits wont be selected enough to make to a full bag..
Crystal pale - - NickB 0.75left
Chocolate (pale) Wrenny 0.75left
Munich II Lefty 0.75left
Caraaroma NickB 0.75left
Wheat (Chocolate) Sqyre0.75left

Possibly change your selection to take up the left overs of the other grains. unless you can organise something with the others.. or cancel that order of grain.

Sqyre... :D
P.S. Thanks Pete the bags will come in handy.. i think i have afew around here too...

Updated Tony ;) ,
At this stage it looks like the following splits wont be selected enough to make to a full bag..
Crystal pale - - NickB 0.75left
Chocolate (pale) Wrenny 0.75left
Munich II Lefty 0.75left

Squire, Please add me in for another bag of 1xBB Ale and 1xWey Pilsner on top of what I alread have (I ran out of grain this arvo...)

The Munich II I'll cancel, I was only ordering that to help in the splits department. I can take it or leave it. Would have preferred Munich I anyway.

Gracias Adrian

Sqyre and crew,

Sorry to be a pain, but I only just saw this and was wondering...

Could I get some of the splits? I can organise freight to the NT.

I see half a bag of Pilsner Malt (the half of the 40kg), one of the Barrett Burston Ale and one of the Pale Wheat.

Let me know

Thanks,

Reece

Sorry TerritoryBrew, we have to limit the swap to "local" parties who are available to pickup only.

Bulk Buy Is Now Closed Out to anymore additions.

Sorry for the short notice but we are dangerously close to slipping into a 3 Pallet.
Which is only going to drag out delivery and cause a pain in the arse for Ross and he has been kind enough to Hold it for us and take up the slack.(which wont be a problem with 2 pallets, hopefully.)

We need to consolidate the splits and axe any that wont make a full bag.

ALSO, splitting parties will need to organise one of you to look after splitting the bags.

Do not expect Ross or myself to weigh out your splits.This will need to be done by one or all parties involved in the Split.
Preferably the full bag (of splits) should be collected and seperated elsewhere, Not at Ross's.(unless you can all meet at the same time and bring some scales)

I will go through the spread sheet this morning and match up splits that dont have partners.

Be aware the list is not locked (yet) as changes will still have to be made to get full bags, axe odd splits etc.

Sqyre. :)

I have been forced to Axe the following
Nickb - 0.25 Cararoma and 0.25 Crystal Pale
Wrenny - 0.25 Choc pale
Sqyre - 0.25 Choc wheat

To even things up, would you guys be interested in switching to a portion of the following we have spare.
BB ale - 0.5 available
Wey Pilz - 0.5 available
Wey Vienna 0.5 available
Melanoiden - 0.5 available
Carared - 0.25 available

Nickb and Wrenny, you have first dibbs on these,then myself, then it will be offered up to the other guys.

The Spreadsheet as it stands with Split Partners matched by color.View attachment bulk_buy_snapshot.xls
Cells in red are the Axed splits.

Split Partners as Follows -
BB PALE - (BROWNDOG/STILL SCOTTISH) (BLUP/INCIDER)
VIENNA - (TROYDO/BONJ) (BROWNDOG/SQYRE) (BATZ/BINDI)
MUNICH1 - (TROYDO/MOSSYROCKS) (SCREWTOP/BATZ) (BROWNDDOG/SQYRE) (BONJ/WRENNY/BCONNERY) (KRAM/JLM) (BINDI/JIM BOLTA)
WHEAT PALE - (MOSSYROCKS/HOCKADAYS)
SMOKED - (NICKB/SQYRE/LEFTY2446)

Please check you are happy with your partners.. in some case i can re-arrange, others i cant.

Presently, we are 1 Bag over the 2 pallet limit so depending on where interest lies a call may have to be made.
Keep in mind that Ross still needs to check availability so some Grains may still be unavailable.

Sqyre..

I have been forced to Axe the following
Nickb - 0.25 Cararoma and 0.25 Crystal Pale
Wrenny - 0.25 Choc pale
Sqyre - 0.25 Choc wheat

To even things up, would you guys be interested in switching to a portion of the following we have spare.
BB ale - 0.5 available
Wey Pilz - 0.5 available
Wey Vienna 0.5 available
Carared - 0.25 available

Nickb and Wrenny, you have first dibbs on these,then myself, then it will be offered up to the other guys.

The Spreadsheet as it stands with Split Partners matched by color.View attachment 19103
Cells in red are the Axed splits.

Split Partners as Follows -
BB PALE - (BROWNDOG/STILL SCOTTISH) (BLUP/INCIDER)
VIENNA - (TROYDO/BONJ) (BROWNDOG/SQYRE) (BATZ/BINDI)
MUNICH1 - (TROYDO/MOSSYROCKS) (SCREWTOP/BATZ) (BROWNDDOG/SQYRE) (BONJ/WRENNY/BCONNERY) (KRAM/JLM) (BINDI/JIM BOLTA)
WHEAT PALE - (MOSSYROCKS/HOCKADAYS)
SMOKED - (NICKB/SQYRE/LEFTY2446)

Please check you are happy with your partners.. in some case i can re-arrange, others i cant.

Presently, we are 1 Bag over the 2 pallet limit so depending on where interest lies a call may have to be made.
Keep in mind that Ross still needs to check availability so some Grains may still be unavailable.

Sqyre..

Like I said early in the piece Brucy those little splits are a PITA for the organiser. Hopefully future bulk buy splits will be limited to 1/2 sacks. :)
You must have patience to burn mate? :p

I'm totally easy. If it makes it easier, I'm willing to drop the 1/4 of Munich.

Its cool Pete, this is a walk in the park compared to the RM splits i do in my Day job...

Actually, browndog has withdrawn his 0.5 of Vienna, he originally chose it to make up a split but i left out Batz's order.. :rolleyes: ...
so Vienna is locked out now. :)
Any of the others are still up for grabs..

Sqyre... ;)
EDIT: BONJ, Munich is fine and locked mate..

I'm totally easy. If it makes it easier, I'm willing to drop the 1/4 of Munich.

Didn't mean to upset anyone Bonj. Just hoping that things will be less of a hassle for the next bulk buy organiser.
As he is doing such a great job with this bulk buy :super: I am privately hoping that Brucey will nominate for the executive position as Designated Organiser Bulk Buys SouthEast Qld (DOBBS) & be unaminously accepted. :)

Just saw your post Brucey.

Its cool Pete, this is a walk in the park compared to the RM splits i do in my Day job...

Actually, browndog has withdrawn his 0.5 of Vienna, he originally chose it to make up a split but i left out Batz's order.. :rolleyes: ...
so Vienna is locked out now. :)
Any of the others are still up for grabs..

Sqyre... ;)
EDIT: BONJ, Munich is fine and locked mate..
Sqyre,
You've still got me down for a full bag of wey pils, as opposed to split with mossyrocks...

Cheers
Ben

Sqyre,
You've still got me down for a full bag of wey pils, as opposed to split with mossyrocks...

Cheers
Ben

Cool, i was waiting for confirmation from you Moose before i reduced your Grain Bill.
So that has rounded down the Wey Pilz so now thats locked out too...

Only the following are now available

BB ale - 0.5 available
Carared - 0.25 available

We are looking Good for a full lock-in soon

Sqyre.. :D

OK, can I be a pain then and drop my 0.25 CaraRed, and you can add me to in for the 0.5 BB Ale if its still available - will all depend on price for me though...

Cheers

Nick, i can take your Carared order off the list if you like,

BUT the 0.5 BB Ale ($22 +frieght) will be nearly 1/2 the price of the 2 specialty grains you ordered that i had to axe.. (0.25 Cararoma and 0.25 Crystal Pale) (combined $39 + frieght)

So if your budget hasnt changed you should be sweet to keep the Carared...

Its up to you though,

Sqyre.. ;)

Hmmm, will think for a bit on that one...Out of interest, if I dropped the CaraRed and went with a full sack of Maris Otter (if there's space), what would the damage be?

Latest posts

Back