Brisbane Bulk Buy - Any Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
winkle - 1 x Maris Otter, 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Pils
Troydo - 1/2 munich, possibility of some smaller 1/4 or 1/5ths of other specs
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich, 1/2 Wey Pilsner, 1/2 Wey Wheat & 1/2 BB Ale
Hockadays - 1 Wey Pils, 1 Maris Otter, 1/2 Wey Wheat (Mossys)
TidalPete --- 2 x BB Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pils, 1 x Weyermann Munich 1.
Screwtop: 1 x 40kg BB pale 1 x Wey Pils 1/2 x Munich (splitting with Batz)
Browndog: 3 x 25kg BB ale
Bonj: 1/2 vienna, 1/4 munich
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
kram: 1 Pale Pils Malt 40kg, 2 BB Ale, 1 Maris Otter, 1 BB Wheat, 1/2 Munich I
Stillscottish: 1 x BB Wheat, 1 (20Kg) x BB Pale
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II
Bindi : 1x 40kg BB pale, 1 x wey pils, 1/2 x munich
Bulp : 1/2 BB pale , maybe 1/2 something else ? or some splits
InCider: 1/25kg BB Pale (split with Bulp)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Jim Botla: 3 BB pale, 1/2 munich 1
GT: 1 x BB Ale (40kg)
glen: 1 Wey pils
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.
Lonte: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter
jlm: fill up any splits, melanoidin, vienna, munich I, whatever
Paul H: 1 * Wey Pils, 1 * BB Ale
lefty2446: 1x Wey Pils, 1x BB Ale.

Yeh Sorry Guys,
i mixed up Pale with ale and ale with pale, etc,etc...
I think by Ross's post that the PALE (PILSENER) is the 40kg Bag.
Hope fully he can confirm soon.

From now on any reference to PALE will be put against "BB Pale (Pilsener)"
or tell me "BB Pilz" to reduce typo issues.

I will update and correct any errors on the spreadsheet tonight when i get home..

Cheers Sqyre. ;)

Update

Troydo - 1/2 munich, possibility of some smaller 1/4 or 1/5ths of other specs
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)

Bulp :20 kg BB Pale (40kg bag split with Incider)

Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.

Update

Troydo - 1/2 munich (split with mossy), 1/2 vienna (split with bonj)
Bulp :25 kg BB Pale (40kg bag split with Incider)

and if there are any small splits i may pick em up

Updated with my splits

Update

Troydo - 1/2 munich (split with mossy), 1/2 vienna (split with bonj)
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich (split with Troydo) , 1/2 Wey Pilsner (split with Bconnery) , 1/2 Wey Wheat (split with Hockadays) & 1/2 BB Ale (still waiting for a split)
Bulp :25 kg BB Pale (40kg bag split with Incider)

and if there are any small splits i may pick em up

Oky Doky,
i have updated the Spreadsheet and have included a Blue column to the right which will show any possible left over splits, so you can opt to grab a portion of the left overs if you like.
View attachment BULKBUY.xls
Also (hopefully) everyones orders should be now true and correct. any issues or changes let me know.

and here is a read only Pdf version for those of you without excel.View attachment BULKBUY.pdf

Cheers Sqyre.

EDIT: I forgot to add that paired up splits are marked with corresponding colors (on that grain line)
and if you havent organised to split with someone you will be paired up with somone closer to closing date.(assuming we have enough splits for a full bag) ;)

ALSO:MOSSYROCKS- you have asked to split with bconnery but my records show he wants a full bag.

Oky Doky,
i have updated the Spreadsheet and have included a Blue column to the right which will show any possible left over splits, so you can opt to grab a portion of the left overs if you like.
View attachment 19063
Also (hopefully) everyones orders should be now true and correct. any issues or changes let me know.

and here is a read only Pdf version for those of you without excel.View attachment 19064

Cheers Sqyre.

EDIT: I forgot to add that paired up splits are marked with corresponding colors (on that grain line)
and if you havent organised to split with someone you will be paired up with somone closer to closing date.(assuming we have enough splits for a full bag) ;)

ALSO:MOSSYROCKS- you have asked to split with bconnery but my records show he wants a full bag.

Sqyre,

Bconnery's post at 0743hrs indicated he changed to 1/2 bag Wey Pils and we have agreed upon this spilt arrangement.

Thanks

id be keen in 1/5 chocolate malt if there are emnough talkers otherwise dont worry

Just to clarify:

BB pale is the pilsner malt in 40kg sacks. Everything else is in 25kg sacks.

I just unloaded a truck of the 40kg sacks, they are a back breaker, I need a drink... :icon_drunk:

I might as well shut up shop for 6 months after this bulk buy...getting bigger than Ben Hur B)

Also - Freight is charged by the pallett (approx $275), max 36 sacks per pallett.
To avoid a left over amount of very expensive sacks, or people being dissappointed at not getting their allocation, I'll make up the last pallet with grain for the store to keep your freight at a minimum.

Cheers Ross

Just to clarify:

BB pale is the pilsner malt in 40kg sacks. Everything else is in 25kg sacks.

I just unloaded a truck of the 40kg sacks, they are a back breaker, I need a drink... :icon_drunk:

I might as well shut up shop for 6 months after this bulk buy...getting bigger than Ben Hur B)

Also - Freight is charged by the pallett (approx $275), max 36 sacks per pallett.
To avoid a left over amount of very expensive sacks, or people being dissappointed at not getting their allocation, I'll make up the last pallet with grain for the store to keep your freight at a minimum.

Cheers Ross

Your a good man Ross, I'm looking forward to sampling a few brews on pick up too ;)

Cheers Ross

Your generosity is only exceeded by your good looks Rossco. :icon_cheers:

TP :beer:

Your generosity is only exceeded by your good looks Rossco. :icon_cheers:

TP :beer:

That red wig sure worked!
Seriously, you really are the MAN Ross, many thanks.

Ok Latest Spreadsheet update -View attachment BULKBUY.xls
I calculated Frieght costs per individual bag (excluding Ross's Pallet top up)and added to total cost at top.
Cost of frieght is the next line down.

Sqyre.... ;)

May I make an observation.

The 40 kilo sacks may count as 1.6 sacks for freight? I doubt 36 sacks at 40 kilos each will be counted as a pallet...

Ok Latest Spreadsheet update -View attachment 19065
I calculated Frieght costs per individual bag (excluding Ross's Pallet top up)and added to total cost at top.
Cost of frieght is the next line down.

Sqyre.... ;)
Hello Sqyre my entry onto the list and into the spread sheet is incorrect I wanted 1/2 Munich1 and 3 X 25 kg sacks of ALE (not 3 x 40 kg sacks of Pale) Thanks Jim :)

Corrected Jim... ;)
I have also adjusted the Frieght to be calculated by the kilo, based on 36 normal sacks = 900kg Pallet.
So the 40kg bags frieght prices should be correct.
Instead of sending the whole document with calcs i have done a snapshot of the info.
Update- View attachment bulk_buy_snapshot.xls

Sqyre..

Corrected Jim... ;)
I have also adjusted the Frieght to be calculated by the kilo, based on 36 normal sacks = 900kg Pallet.
So the 40kg bags frieght prices should be correct.
Instead of sending the whole document with calcs i have done a snapshot of the info.
Update- View attachment 19070

Sqyre..

Thanks Sqyre, you're a diamond! :D

After more thought, I'm in for a bag of marris otter, half a bag of Munich which I'm going halves with kram in, and a quarter of cara-red and melanoidin, assuming they get up.

I guess i should make a public apology to microbe, he put his hand up to look after the Bulk Buy.
I just started putting together a spreadsheet out sheer bordem this morning and its just flowed on from there..
I will happily step aside and leave microbe to it...

Sorry Dude.. :(
I get a little carried away with the moment sometimes...

At very least, i may have saved you some typing..
Sqyre. :rolleyes:

Back