Brisbane Bulk Buy - Any Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda didn't think there would be too many. ;)

Happy enough to do it for the good of the game.

OK - What it looks like ATM. :eek: MESSY! :p

What I will do - Compile and confirm the order with Ross. Issue each participant an individual Invoice to be paid to me. I'll pay Ross and let all involved know once it's available for collection from Carbrook. If you guys (and gals?) can sort the splits out amongst yourselves though, as I won't be the delivery/storage point for this one.

Points to clear up.
1. Ross said in post 17 that the BB PALE was only in 40Kg lots but I can see orders for 20 and 25 Kg. Also orders for 40Kg of BB Ale (intentional??) Can everyone who ordered either of those confirm type and amount please. By my calculations a 40Kg bag will be $96 compared with the $60 for the 25Kg

2. SPLITS - Wey Pils - mossyrocks 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Vienna - Bonj 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Munich I - 1/2 each for Troydo, mossyrocks, Screwtop, kram, Bindi, Wrenny and Jim Botla, a 1/4 for Bonj & 1/4 spare.
Wey Wheat - 1/2 each for mossyrocks and Hockadays
Also requested by various people has been Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna, melanoiden, Pale Choc. Troydo, NickB, Sqyre, Bulp, Rockin49, Wrenny and jlm - these need to be sorted to full bag quantities or forgotten.

3. Timing. I'll check with Ross as when the order can be placed (dependent on his space) and come back to you all with a closing date.

That's enough for now I'm sure, (and I'm not sure I'm thinking straight any more). Sorry for the essay.

Cheers,

microbe

If noone else wants 1/2 Wey Pils, I'll take a full bag.

Thanks for the work guys.

Cheers,

Chris

Spoke to kram last night about splitting a bag of munich, which would change that to 3/4 spare (now that sounds ugly). I'd be happy though to knock my share down to a quarter to round that out to full bags. I'll take that half bag of vienna to round it out, but again I'm happy to split it into 2 1/4's on my own and pass it on after the BB to make things a little simpler. I'll check out the other spilts when I get home tonight.

Its a shame you cant have spreadsheet style tables in AHB...
you could have a list of grains down one side and Peoples names across the top...
then just put in your Full,1/2,1/4,etc. in the corresponding box..
Once a number of splits equals a bag its locked in...and so on...

It would be a piece of piss then and everyone could see what,who,when, how at a glance...

a Bulk Buy calculator/spreadsheet in the Articles section would be handy..

If you get the sh*ts with it Microbe, i will be happy to do it.
Actually, its what i do for a full time job. :huh: except with steel.

Sqyre.. :)

winkle - 1 x Maris Otter, 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Pils
Troydo - 1/2 munich, possibility of some smaller 1/4 or 1/5ths of other specs
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich, 1/2 Wey Pilsner, 1/2 Wey Wheat & 1/2 BB Ale
Hockadays - 1 Wey Pils, 1 Maris Otter, 1/2 Wey Wheat (Mossys)
TidalPete --- 2 x BB Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pils, 1 x Weyermann Munich 1.
Screwtop: 1 x 40kg BB pale 1 x Wey Pils 1/2 x Munich
Browndog: 3 x 25kg BB ale
Bonj: 1/2 vienna, 1/4 munich
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
kram: 1 Pale Pils Malt 40kg, 2 BB Ale, 1 Maris Otter, 1 BB Wheat, 1/2 Munich I
Stillscottish: 1 x BB Wheat, 1 (20Kg) x BB Pale
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II
Bindi : 1x 40kg BB pale, 1 x wey pils, 1/2 x munich
Bulp : 1/2 BB pale , maybe 1/2 something else ? or some splits
InCider: 1/25kg BB Pale (split with Bulp)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Jim Botla: 3 BB pale, 1/2 munich 1
GT: 1 x BB Ale (40kg)
glen: 1 Wey pils
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.
Lonte: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter
jlm: fill up any splits, melanoidin, vienna, munich I, whatever
Paul H: 1 * Wey Pils, 1 * BB Ale
lefty2446: 1x Wey Pils, 1x BB Ale.

OK, according to Microbes info, I've corrected my order, I wasn't aware that only the Pale was available in 40kg bags, Incider, you might want to check on that, you have a 25kg bag listed. Microbe, thanks very much for doing this mate, you are a champion. Might I suggest everyone who changes their order bold it so Microbe can easily see what's what.

cheers

Browndog

NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.
bconnery: 1*Maris Otter, 1*Wey Pils. I'll also take splits, particularly munich and vienna, maybe squires if they aren't taken (following Batzs idea...) And am happy to take a few others, such as carared but not fussed if it doesn't happen...

I have thrown a bit of a spreadsheet together to help sort everything..
but i'm not sure on a few things as i'm going by Ross's Grain list.
When guys quote "BB Pale or just Pale" are you meaning "BB ALE" or the BB Pale Pilsener?
Anyway, Microbe probably has it under control.

Heres the Spread sheet. View attachment BULKBUY.xls
i would change the colors to match up people who are splitting ie Batz and Screwy.
That should make it easy to keep track and you can see any split bags by the totals.
Hope it helps, if not oh well. :p

Sqyre..

bconnery: 1*Maris Otter, 1/2*Wey Pils. I don't really need a full bag so I am happy to take up the half that is there according to sqyre's spreadsheet. Otherwise, a full bag is ok.
Still alright with splits if needs be but don't want 1/2 a bag of carared for example...

I just modified the spreadsheet with your individual total accumulated costings at the top.
View attachment BULKBUY.xls

I will look at it more after work tonight.
Sqyre.. ;)

I kinda didn't think there would be too many.

Happy enough to do it for the good of the game.

OK - What it looks like ATM. MESSY!
What I will do - Compile and confirm the order with Ross. Issue each participant an individual Invoice to be paid to me. I'll pay Ross and let all involved know once it's available for collection from Carbrook. If you guys (and gals?) can sort the splits out amongst yourselves though, as I won't be the delivery/storage point for this one.

Points to clear up.
1. Ross said in post 17 that the BB PALE was only in 40Kg lots but I can see orders for 20 and 25 Kg. Also orders for 40Kg of BB Ale (intentional??) Can everyone who ordered either of those confirm type and amount please. By my calculations a 40Kg bag will be $96 compared with the $60 for the 25Kg

2. SPLITS - Wey Pils - mossyrocks 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Vienna - Bonj 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Munich I - 1/2 each for Troydo, mossyrocks, Screwtop, kram, Bindi, Wrenny and Jim Botla, a 1/4 for Bonj & 1/4 spare.
Wey Wheat - 1/2 each for mossyrocks and Hockadays
Also requested by various people has been Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna, melanoiden, Pale Choc. Troydo, NickB, Sqyre, Bulp, Rockin49, Wrenny and jlm - these need to be sorted to full bag quantities or forgotten.

3. Timing. I'll check with Ross as when the order can be placed (dependent on his space) and come back to you all with a closing date.

That's enough for now I'm sure, (and I'm not sure I'm thinking straight any more). Sorry for the essay.

Cheers,

microbe

Microbe,

You are a champion for offering to do this for the bulk buy especially as you do not do AG yourself. :super:

Hope you do not mind if I say that I think you may have been reading the sack price "single buy" column at CraftBrewer instead of the "Bulk Buy" column where, (By my calcs), a 40kg sack of BB Pale Pilsener would cost $70.40 when compared with a normal 25kg sack for $44.

As I said ---- You're a champion mate & I'm just a picky old bugger. :D

TP :beer:

Faaaaark-fancy keeping track of that lot and sorting it :huh:

stagga.

I assume the individual pricings on Sqyre's spreadsheet don't include freight?

I'd be willing to up my Munich order to 1/2 to take up the slack if required.

Nice work squire!!!

I am splitting munich with mossy rocks
i am splitting vienna with Bonj

Nice one Sqyre!

At this stage I'll be a definite on the Crystal assuming I can find another 2 or 3 to split with. You can take me off the others for now as funds look like they'll be limited....I'll add myself back on if anything changes closer to the cut-off date.

Cheers

I didnt concider frieght... easy to work out after we have our totals..
Also dont take it all as gospel. (bit rushed this morning)
There is a few stuffups in there mainly because i think there has been some confusion over which is the grain that comes in a 40kg bag...
"BB pale Pilzener" or "BB Ale"
I have PM'd Ross to clarify.

Sqyre..

Thanks Sqyre.

I am splitting bags into 1/2's with the following :-

Munich - Troydo
Wey Wheat - Hockadays
Wey Pils - Bconnery

I'm still after someone to split BB Ale.

Cheers

I've been listed for 2 bags of 40kg Ale when I should be down for 2 bags of 25kg Ale and 1 bag of 40kg PALE (pils). Is this what Ross said in the earlier post?

Latest posts

Back