Brisbane Bulk Buy - Any Interest?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockin' I have added you to the list and update mine too... :D

winkle - 1 x Maris Otter, 1 x BB Wheat, 1 x BB Pale Pils
Troydo - 1/2 munich, possibility of some smaller 1/4 or 1/5ths of other specs
mossyrocks - 1/2 Munich, 1/2 Wey Pilsner, 1/2 Wey Wheat & 1/2 BB Ale
Hockadays - 1 Wey Pils, 1 Maris Otter, 1/2 Wey Wheat (Mossys)
TidalPete --- 2 x BB Ale, 1 x Weyermann Pils, 1 x Weyermann Munich 1.
Screwtop: 1 x 40kg BB pale 1 x Wey Pils 1/2 x Munich
Browndog: 2 x 40kg BB pale and split some specialties
Bonj: 1/2 vienna, 1/4 munich
NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
kram: 1 Pale Pils Malt 40kg, 2 BB Ale, 1 Maris Otter, 1 BB Wheat, 1/2 Munich I
Stillscottish: 1 x BB Wheat, 1 (20Kg) x BB Pale
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II
Bindi : 1x 40kg BB pale, 1 x wey pils, 1/2 x munich
Bulp : 1/2 BB pale , maybe 1/2 something else ? or some splits
InCider: 25kg BB Pale
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Prawned: 1 x BB pale pils , 1 x BB ale
Jim Botla: 3 BB pale, 1/2 munich 1
GT: 1 x BB Ale (40kg)
glen: 1 Wey pils
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.

have to take my name out :( sorry

NickB: Some specialties (Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna - 1/4 or 1/5 splits preferably), and maybe a sack of base grain if funds allow....(though not looking good....maybe sack of BB Ale)
Batz: 1 x BB Ale,1 x Weyermann Pils , 1/2 x Weyermann Munich 1.(going halves with Screwy)
Sqyre: 1 x Weyermann Pils,1 x BB Ale(40kg), 1 x BB Wheat, 1/2 munich, 1/2 Vienna.+Some specialties 1/4 or 1/5 splits (Cara Red, smoked, melanoiden, whatever)
Wrenny: 1 Wey Pils, 1/2 Munich, 1/5 Pale Choc (Just Choc if no one else wants pale)
Rockin49: 1 x Bairds (Maris Otter), 1 x Wey (Pils) + some halves / quarters of specialty grains.

Hopefully we will have enough guys after 1/4's in specialty grains...
and we can come a consencus to make everyone happy.... :D
I can be swayed into getting something other than whats on my list if need be.. ;)
I definatly want some CaraRed if possible though...
Sqyre... ;)

Added me to the end!

Lonte: 1xWey Pils, 1xMaris Otter

Yes mate - one payment from the organiser, once we've confirmed all the grains are available.

Cheers Ross

Your first one hey Perry ?

3d_asprin.jpg

Good luck mate,Ive been there many times

Batz

Didn't add myself in yesterday 'cause I, uh, don't know how.
Let's see if this works, I'm a bit of a 'tard when it comes to the computer

jlm: fill up any splits, melanoidin, vienna, munich I, whatever

As old Pete said in an earlier post,splits are a pain for the organizer of these bulk buys.
If you want to split a full bag get in contact with someone and you guys work out the split and payment.Ross will not want 1/2 bag payments.I want 1/2 a bag of Munich so I have arranged to split with Screwy,too easy.

If you want to go multiple splits and I think that's a good thing,someone will have to put up their hand to do this,collect monies weight it out and bag it.Did I mention I am going away? ;)
Batz

Didn't add myself in yesterday 'cause I, uh, don't know how.
Let's see if this works, I'm a bit of a 'tard when it comes to the computer

Paul H: 1 * Wey Pils, 1 * BB Ale

lefty2446: 1x Wey Pils, 1x BB Ale.

I'll organize a couple of splits, kram wanna go halves in that munich, anyone wanna go 1/4 or 1/5 in vienna and melenoidin? I'm happy to front up the $ now and collect after the split.

As old Pete said in an earlier post,splits are a pain for the organizer of these bulk buys.
If you want to split a full bag get in contact with someone and you guys work out the split and payment.Ross will not want 1/2 bag payments.I want 1/2 a bag of Munich so I have arranged to split with Screwy,too easy.

If you want to go multiple splits and I think that's a good thing,someone will have to put up their hand to do this,collect monies weight it out and bag it.Did I mention I am going away? ;)
Batz

Bugger <_< I was hoping to swap 1/2 a Munich with Screwtop.

JoeG you are getting :
JoeG : 1 x BB Pale 40kg, 1 x Wey Munich I, 1 x Wey Munich II , how would you like to split Munich I and Munich II half each or just the Munich I?

Like to go halves in a Vienna instead Bob? Or perhaps thirds with Screwy?

Batz

Oh ;) Ok, love Vienna.
Now I am confused :blink: what are we/I getting? Just put it in Batz and I will say OK.
Does not matter, I will mash it all at some point, so many brewers up here now a splits done here [Screwtop or my place] is a piece of p$ss, and the same drunk when done. :super:

Oh ;) Ok, love Vienna.
Now I am confused :blink: what are we/I getting? Just put it in Batz and I will say OK.
Does not matter, I will mash it all at some point, so many brewers up here now a splits done here [Screwtop or my place] is a piece of p$ss, and the same drunk when done. :super:

Well your getting either 1/2 a bag of Vienna,I am splitting with you,or 1/3 if old Screwy wants in on it.
I am going off to work for a while Bob so Screwy's collecting my grain,you guys do the split and when I get back I'll collect it and have a few at one of your very inviting bars :party:
You will need to contact me on my mobile regards payment and I'll get it together somehow.

Batz

Browndog: 2 x 40kg BB ale

wow, this is very hard to work out, it's beyond my mental capacity, brewers, we need an experienced bulk buy coordinator. Anyone willing to have a crack and then accept payment from everyone?

cheers

Browndog

~snip~

wow, this is very hard to work out, it's beyond my mental capacity, brewers, we need an experienced bulk buy coordinator. Anyone willing to have a crack and then accept payment from everyone?

cheers

Browndog
I should be able to plug these figures into the spreadsheet I made for the last BB without too much tweaking - if there's no other volunteers that is :) .

Cheers,

microbe

I should be able to plug these figures into the spreadsheet I made for the last BB without too much tweaking - if there's no other volunteers that is :) .

Cheers,

microbe

There won't be :lol:
Well done microbe,do your stuff.

Batz

Dunno if I can organise the payment side ATM simply cause it's the stockpile panic at work ATM . We've got a few weeks to fit into Ross's program, and I should be clear (please God) of the last of it by then :rolleyes:. Should someone step in you have my undying thanks, otherwise please PM amongst yourselves to keep any splits below 1/4 of a bag to help organise this (1/2 would be better) :) Bloody good response to a simple question Brisbane (and Sun Coast GC etc)

Edit: Microbe if your happy to sort this lot out - I owe you a beer or several :icon_cheers:

There won't be
Well done microbe,do your stuff.

Batz
I kinda didn't think there would be too many. ;)

Dunno if I can organise the payment side ATM simply cause it's the stockpile panic at work ATM . We've got a few weeks to fit into Ross's program, and I should be clear (please God) of the last of it by then. Should someone step in you have my undying thanks, otherwise please PM amongst yourselves to keep any splits below 1/4 of a bag to help organise this (1/2 would be better) Bloody good response to a simple question Brisbane (and Sun Coast GC etc)

Edit: Microbe if your happy to sort this lot out - I owe you a beer or several
Happy enough to do it for the good of the game.

OK - What it looks like ATM. :eek: MESSY! :p

What I will do - Compile and confirm the order with Ross. Issue each participant an individual Invoice to be paid to me. I'll pay Ross and let all involved know once it's available for collection from Carbrook. If you guys (and gals?) can sort the splits out amongst yourselves though, as I won't be the delivery/storage point for this one.

Points to clear up.
1. Ross said in post 17 that the BB PALE was only in 40Kg lots but I can see orders for 20 and 25 Kg. Also orders for 40Kg of BB Ale (intentional??) Can everyone who ordered either of those confirm type and amount please. By my calculations a 40Kg bag will be $96 compared with the $60 for the 25Kg

2. SPLITS - Wey Pils - mossyrocks 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Vienna - Bonj 1/2 - 1/2 spare
Munich I - 1/2 each for Troydo, mossyrocks, Screwtop, kram, Bindi, Wrenny and Jim Botla, a 1/4 for Bonj & 1/4 spare.
Wey Wheat - 1/2 each for mossyrocks and Hockadays
Also requested by various people has been Crystal, CaraRed, CaraAroma, Smoked, Vienna, melanoiden, Pale Choc. Troydo, NickB, Sqyre, Bulp, Rockin49, Wrenny and jlm - these need to be sorted to full bag quantities or forgotten.

3. Timing. I'll check with Ross as when the order can be placed (dependent on his space) and come back to you all with a closing date.

That's enough for now I'm sure, (and I'm not sure I'm thinking straight any more). Sorry for the essay.

Cheers,

microbe

Update...

Browndog: 2 x 40kg BB ale
InCider: 1/25kg BB Pale (split with Bulp)

Latest posts

Back